𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐢𝐱

CHAPTER FORTY-SIX
"No sanctuary"
——

Jane sat next to Glenn with her head on his shoulder and he intertwined there fingers together and they say there in silence just appreciating the moment they have together right now

Jane sat next to Glenn with her head on his shoulder and he intertwined there fingers together and they say there in silence just appreciating the moment they have together right now. Glenn looks over and spots the necklace around Jane's neck and a smile forms on his face. "You still have the necklace" Glenn points out as he reaches over and holds the necklace in his hand. "Of course I did" Jane says as she looks up at Glenn. Meanwhile, Rick and Maggie were watching the love birds look into each other's eyes wishing it was them.

While imprisoned in the train car the group began to quietly build weapons using scraps stripped from their clothes and the car's interior while Daryl was speaking to Maggie about Beth radio chatter was heard outside. "Alright, I got four of them pricks coming our way" Daryl says and Jane and Glenn stand to their feet. "Y'all know what to do. Go for their eyes first. Then their throats" Rick says while sweat beamed off everyone's bodies but they were all ready to fight.

"Put your backs to the walls on either side of the car now" Someone demanded from outside the train car and Jane and Glenn locked eyes not moving a muscle just like everyone else. Jane was holding a blade that was in her boot and they never took while everyone else was holding weapons they had made. All of a sudden an a door opens above them making everyone look up and see a bit of sunlight shine through then something fall to the ground. "Move!" Abraham shouted and Glenn grabbed Jane and began pulling her away from the tear gas that blew up in the train car causing smoke to cloud around them.

Jane and the rest of the group began coughing harshly not being able to see anything. "Jane!" Jane heard Glenn shout as the train car door opened and Jane and Glenn were pulled apart from each other. "Glenn!" Jane shouted and spun around only seeing smoke around her. Everyone continued coughing as the smoke slowly disappeared and the train car door slammed shut. Jane waved her arms around trying to clear the smoke out of her face and when she did she saw a portion of her group was missing.

Jane only noticed it was her, Joslyn, Maggie, Carl, Michonne, Sasha and Abraham's crew still in the train car. "Where's Glenn? Rick?" Jane asks as she looks around and there's no sign of them. "Bob and Daryl are gone too" Maggie points out and Jane and Maggie lock eyes and catch their breaths not knowing what to do.

After awhile of sitting very un patiently but hoping for the best while anxiously waiting in the train car they start to hear the commotion outside which causes everyone to stand to their feet in worry. Abraham bangs his hand on the train car door in anger, "What the hell is going on?" Abraham asks trying to look for a way out. "Maybe our people got free" Jane says as she holds Carl close to her making sure he's okay. Eugene pushes past Tara and Joslyn and bends down in-front of the train car door trying something.

"I might be able to use this shell to compromise the door. From the sound of things, there may not be anybody left to open it" Eugene states. "How is that possible?" Joslyn asks. "I'll show you—" Eugene says but Tara interrupts, "Eugene, I'm sorry but shut up" Tara orders and Eugene nods as he works on opening the door. "Listen, my dad's gonna be back. They all are" Carl says stepping forward. "He's right" Jane agrees as she takes a deep breath while looking around the train car. "We also need to get ready to fight our way out with them when they do" Maggie states and Jane nods her head.