Part 34

A peaceful day passed unremarkably.

The anticipated rainy day has finally descended upon the Capital.

Looking at the dark clouds covering the sky and heavy rain hitting the windows, Flos thinks if that Devil arrived by now, it would make an ominous scene. Fortunately, Scale reminded her of the guest from another world yesterday and she managed to prevent that Devil from being a part of the play.

"Hey, Flos, I manage to borrow umbrellas!" a cheerful Rhythm breaks into Flos's sight, through the reflection shown on the windows, disturbing her reminiscences

Flos turns around, grabs the bag containing the lunchboxes for their breakfast, and strides in Rhythm's direction, "We won't be using the umbrellas on our way there, will we?" since they are just passing through the passages within the building

"It's raining," Rhythm emphasizes, gesturing to the weather outside, "Nothing wrong with having umbrellas ready,"

Fair point. Flos leaves the umbrella for Rhythm to hold as she carries the lunch bag. Thus they depart to the King's office, walking on the special path used for personnel only.

Rhythm is looking out the window, to watch the rain. Flos is looking ahead, not minding the rain. And so, Flos is thus taken off guard from the rough pull by Rhythm to face the windows, as Rhythm drops the umbrellas to point at something across from them.

As Flos looks at what Rhythm wants her to see, she also drops the lunch bag on the floor. Opening the windows with Rhythm's help, Flos allows Rhythm to carry her as he jumps out the window.

Flos throws Picky Eater's seed to the ground below them, allowing it to grow quickly and then using its big head to cushion their fall. Afterwards, once Rhythm and Flos are put on the ground, Picky Eater then digs into the soil of the garden between these buildings and disappears.

Flos and Rhythm also quickly run to the other side, where they see Queen Viola struggling against a person who wants to push Her Majesty out of the windows on the high floor of the opposite building.

When they see Queen Viola actually falls off the windows after losing in the struggle, Rhythm wipes the rainwater off his face and mutters a curse under his breath. Although they are running desperately to Queen Viola's side, they won't be able to arrive on time. Flos raises her left hand up to that window, not to save the falling Queen, but to send Lashes to capture the perpetrator.

The falling Queen Viola is safely rescued by Picky Eater who shows up under the Queen, catching Her Majesty the way it caught this pair of childhood friends earlier.

After all, Flos and Rhythm are still running to Her Majesty's side. The distance between the buildings is a bit too far.

"Get Her Majesty inside!" Rhythm shouts, pointing at the nearest hallway with cover, so the pale-looking Queen won't be drenched in rain anymore

Flos directs Picky Eater to carry Queen Viola to the place Rhythm picks out, ignoring the scream that follows behind them as Lashes throws out the perpetrator and keeps the perpetrator hanging upside down, drenched in the rain.

After wiping off the water from her face, Flos turns her head to look at the perpetrator. A maid.

"Flos, do you have anything that can dry the Queen?" Rhythm has also wiped his face, brushes his hair back, and is staring at the Queen worriedly, "Can you check if the Queen has a fever? Why is she so pale?"

Her Majesty has not lost consciousness yet, but she does seem too dazed to be aware of her surroundings. Might be caused by the fright of falling from such a high place?