18 | volatile moods ft. junior

E/C EYES ROLLED WITH lips contorting into a snarl. The class 1-A stood infront of the bus as they exchanged dialogues with the other class of the hero course, class 1-B. Y/n impatiently tapped the floor with her foot and waited for permission to enter the vehicle.

The young genius kept quiet the entire time that she arrived and would only gave them a small forced smile. Some were surprised to see her joining the training camp, they assumed that she would take a break given the recent incident.

Y/n gave the class 1-B's blonde namely, Monoma, a dirty look as he began to tease her classmates. Noticing her expression, the blonde turned to her.

"Oh, not very friendly." he needled, "But of course that's what all class 1-A students are. You are all so full of yourselves. And I bet you are one of the top most egotistical in your class, aren't you?"

The young genius gritted her teeth and the movement of her jaw was enough to know that she was pissed. "Woah, back up man." Kirishima went in between them, "Just leave her alone."

Y/n rolled her eyes once again and entered the bus, not caring for the class representative's protests to wait for instructions. The young genius sat at the back, wainting to avoid social interactions.

As the class began to enter the vehicle, none of them dared to sit beside her. They were either too scared to piss her off, sitting beside her didn't cross their minds, or they were too intimidated by her judgemental gaze whenever they would even go near her. Y/n stared off the window, watching the patches of blue sky showing through the clouds.

"Mind if I sit here?" a soft voice spoke. Y/n craned her head to see her ponytail haired classmate with a serene smile as she waited for an answer. The h/c haired girl nodded her head and continued to stare off somewhere as she felt the vehicle begin to move.

"Here," Y/n looked at her seatmate to see her handing a travel pillow. "I figured you'd need one incase you'll feel tired."

Y/n mouthed a 'thank you' and placed the soft pillow on her neck. A crinkle of plastic was heard and the young genius turned to her seatmate. "I brought some snacks. Here." Momo handed her a plastic bag tied with a red ribbon containing cookies inside which she gladly accepted. "I made them myself." she added, pink dusted on her cheeks.

The young genius took a bite, the texture and flavor danced perfectly on her tongue with its warmth being an addition to its palatableness.

"Its really good." complemented Y/n, chewing the pastry while nodding. "Ah, thank you. I put my heart into it." Momo said, a flush crept up her face. The ravenette released a long heavy sigh that she didn't know she was holding while the young genius was lost in her own thoughts and was now in a lighter mood while munching peacefully on the baked pastries.

The bus was filled with animated chatters and the ride went smoothly. After a couple of minutes, Momo heard a low 'thud', she turned her head towards her seatmate only to find her fast asleep. Momo's feature softened at the sight and placed the young genius' head on her shoulder.

Momo could hear her steady breathing as the young genius succumbed to sleep on her shoulder, resting her tired body against the ravenette giving her a warm embrace. Momo stared at her with eyes filled with softness and a tinge of pity.

There was something different about seeing Y/n asleep. Compared to being awake; she looked so jaded with the faint deep circles below her vacuous eyes, eyebrows unintentionally knitted which drew lines on her forehead, and the evident loss of candor in her expressions. Seeing her fast asleep; she looked so peaceful with the bright rays of sunlight warming her face making Momo wonder what would her finger tips feel against her s/c skin.