Back at Hogwarts

[Draco]

    Draco sat at the Slytherin table, feeling strange. All of his so-called friends had graduated, and his best mate, Blaise, was gone too. He knew none of the younger students in his house, which led to a feeling of loneliness. In other words, what Draco had felt for his whole life, so this didn't bother him very much.

    Not feeling very hungry, Draco picked up a green apple and left for his dorm.

    He was walking up the stairs when someone bumped into him. 

    "Do you happen to look in front of you when you walk?" Draco spat out, "Or does the fact that you are a Ravenclaw allow you to read while walking?"

    "Oh God. I'm so, so sorry."

    Draco was surprised that someone actually reacted to his complaint. Typically, people were afraid of him, and would just run away and avoid him for the rest of their life.

    "Well I'm Amanda," the Ravenclaw girl said.

     Funny. Draco never seemed to notice anyone else than Potter and his little friend group. He didn't even know that there was a Ravenclaw named Amanda.

    "And you are?"

    Draco raised his eyebrows. It was unusual for people to even ask about his name. Platinum blond hair, Slytherin, eighth year, prefect, that gives you one name:

   "Malfoy. Draco Malfoy."

     Not waiting for her to reply, Draco walked away.

      Back in the Slytherin common room, he went straight up to his dorm. Draco unpacked his trunk and ate the apple he brought from the Great Hall. He sat on his bed, but his mind kept wondering back to Potter's horrific green eyes. Yes, horrific, hideous, disgusting, Draco insisted.

    Unable to sleep, he stood up and left.

[Harry]

    Harry set his trunk next to his bed, glad to be back to his dorm again. He didn't know any of his roommates anymore, but that didn't really bother him. Everyone wanted to befriend him.

Well, not exactly everyone.
Harry cursed his brain for replaying his conversation with Malfoy in the train. Why think about the only person who doesn't think about you?

    He walked down to the Great Hall for dinner. Professor McGonagall, the new headmaster, was standing, preparing to give her welcoming speech.

   Harry wasn't very hungry, though the food at Hogwarts was, like years ago, delicious. After a few mouthfuls, he decided to go for a walk around the lake.

   He walked for half an hour, then sat down and started toying with the sand. There was a nice refreshing breeze, and the smell of pines surrounded him. Harry knew that it would soon get colder, so he tried to enjoy as much as he could of the moment.

    Suddenly, he heard someone's footsteps, branches cracking under their feet.

    Harry turned around and caught a glimpse of their blonde hair, incredibly pale under the moonlight.

    "Malfoy."