Chapter 31: First Date

Yuna paces around in frustration and regret. She knows that Jungkook had to do something with how strange Kai acted back then. He must've got to him without her knowing. None of this would have happened if she never talked to him. Yuna runs her fingers through her hair as she sighs, "I'll fix it."

"HYUKA!!!"

Kai turns to see Yuna chasing after him. He smiles, "Hey." Yuna gasps for air as she catches her breath. She then says, "Come with me." He raises an eyebrow as Yuna says through her strong breaths, "Alone. Please." Kai nods and just walks by her side as she leads him off to a private location. Yuna taps her chin while walking around in circles. Kai looks at her confused as she asks, "Does the name Jeon Jungkook ring any bells?"

Kai responds, "Yeah." She turns to him in disbelief as he explains, "The Sin of Wrath. The other living child of Lady Death. Learned about it in history class." Yuna stutters, "W-wrath?" Kai replies, "Revenge and violence. One of the most evil sins." Yuna stared at him in worry as he asked, "Why are you asking?" She clenched her fists and followed with an inhale and exhale.

Yuna says, "I've met with him secretly." Kai's eyes widen as she says, "I've been learning forbidden magic with him and I think he captured you and mind controlled you to expose Ryujin." Kai stutters, "B-but I don't remember anything..." Yuna whispers, "I think he made you do it. He's a vampire... he has those powers on top of his demonic magic."

Kai asks, "Why did you go to him? Did he blackmail you? Threaten you? Mind control??" Yuna bites her lips and whispers, "That's not important right now... we have to find a way to figure out his plan so we can expose him. I'm scared because I think he has bigger plans than bully his sister."

Kai extends his hand and tries to summon his scythe but it doesn't appear. He stares at it in shock as Yuna whispers, "He must've stolen it. He had interest in you, Hyunjin, and Yeji." Kai stays quiet and asks, "Do you know where he's at?" Yuna nods silently as Kai whispers, "We have to get my scythe back and we need to tell the others."

"NO!"

Kai looks at Yuna confused as the fairy says, "I promised him I won't tell anyone. He'll kill me or even worse, mind control me and make me do whatever... we have to do this secretly until we find out his plan then we can expose everything." Kai sighs and says, "We need a plan."

...

Soobin glances at Beomgyu who stares at him unimpressed. The warlock asks, "What's with the look?" The angel replies, "She's treating you to dinner and you look like this." Soobin's eyes widen, "Look like what?" Beomgyu says, "You look casual. What is this? Khakis?" Soobin replies, "What's wrong with khakis?" Beomgyu sighs and says, "Geez, you're too tall. Let me call Kai, stay here."

"Oh my god."

Soobin whines, "Quit insulting and help out! I have to meet her soon!" Kai says, "Good thing we're near in height. I'll get you something." Beomgyu walks up to him, "While he's doing that, I'll fix your hair." The angel sits him down then grabs some wax as he buries his hand in the warlock's hair.

Beomgyu says, "Hey- Ummm..." Soobin glances at the mirror in front of him to make eye contact with Beomgyu, "Lia's a great girl. Seyoung, Yeji, and Chaeryeong said a lot of good things and I bet Ryujin would too. You're a great guy too. Heck, we've been roommates for so long I might've crushed on you a couple times before." Soobin raises his eyebrow as Beomgyu finishes fixing his hair and pats both of Soobin's shoulder, "Don't fuck it up. Just be you. Communicate. Be honest. Don't be scared to show her that you love her. Trust me, you'll regret ever messing up if you really like her." Soobin smiles at him through the mirror, "My guardian angel."

Beomgyu blushes slightly and slaps his cheek, "Get up and put on Kai's clothes. You're going to be late."

"Jisu?"

Lia turned and blushed seeing Soobin with a white t-shirt with a blazer along with slacks fitted to his long legs. Soobin had to stop walking, seeing Lia all dressed up with her dress and a fluffy scarf around her bare shoulders to keep her warm. Lia stutters, "Y-you're early."

Soobin smiles back equally as nervous, "You're got here earlier." She replies, "I was nervous and I wanted to make sure they don't mess up your surpr-" Lia covers her mouth catching herself as Soobin smirks, "Mess up my what?" Lia starts to blush and panic as the main plan at the end of the dinner was ruined just like that. Soobin walked up to her and took a hold of her hand pulling it away from her mouth. Lia's hands were shaking in nervousness. Soobin takes a hold of her hand and says, "I'll pretend to be surprised, just for you. I would say quit being nervous but I'm nervous too. So let's umm... go inside and start our first date?" Lia nods trying to calm herself down as the two walk in.

Soobin notices Lia still reading the menu so he glances back at it pretending like he's also reading. Lia's eyes look up to see him reading the menu so she glances them back down to pretend she's also reading.

"Excuse me, are you ready to order?"

Lia and Soobin look up simultaneously and say, "Sorry, I think she/he needs more–" The two pause as they say the same exact words. Soobin says, "I'm ready." Lia replies, "Me too." The server looks at them confused as they quickly order their food.

Soobin chuckles out of nowhere and Lia looks at him a bit confused and worried. He says, "We used to be able to talk all day about random things. Now look at us." Lia smiles softly, "I-I don't know what's going on, it's just–" He interrupts, "Different." Lia nods as she says, "I don't know what to say or how to start. It's not like we're any different from before. It's just now we're–"

Soobin interrupts again, "Open about our feelings." Lia nods again with her eye-smile as Soobin says, "Well, now I get to say things that I usually keep in my head. Like, you look absolutely gorgeous right now." Lia blushes as she reciprocates, "Okay, I'll go next... You're too tall."

Soobin's eyes widened as he was expecting a compliment like he just did. He asks, "What do you mean?" Lia says, "You're like half a foot taller than me. I even wore heels today and you're still a giant. How am I supposed to–" She stops again as he asks, "Something wrong?" Lia finishes, "How am I supposed to kiss your cheek or lean on your shoulder when I want to? Isn't that something couples do? I want to do it too." Soobin blushes at her openness to actions of affection as he clears his throat, "O-okay, not much I can do there so I'll go next. I like that I'm the only one that can call you by your real name. It makes me feel special."

Lia adds, "Okay, I'll add on to that. I feel butterflies when you call me Jisu. It's more intimate to me than any pet names and I feel happy when you say it. Which is why I hated it when you kept calling me Jisu while we were fighting." Soobin smiles, "Okay, Jisu." She scoffs, "Don't ruin it."

And like that, the awkwardness and nervousness between the two disappeared. They ended up taking forever with their food due to talking and laughing the entire night.

But once they finished their food, a server suddenly comes to their table with a large cake. Soobin smiles and says, "What a surprise..." Lia pouts, "Act harder." He stands and overreacts with shock, "J-jisu, you didn't have to get me this cake. Oh my!" Lia snorts as Soobin thanks the sever and sits down to glance at the cake.

Congratulations, you deserve it, love Jisu

Soobin sheds a tear staring at the cake as Lia smiles, "You really do deserve it, Soobinnie." He smiles, "What I don't deserve is you... thank you. This actually makes my heart flutter a lot and I ummm... don't know how I'll repay you." Lia says in a low cute voice, "You can repay me by sharing that cake..."

The two continued to talk and talk until the restaurant was forced to kick them out due to closing hours but that didn't stop them. They even spent a couple more minutes outside Lia's dorm because they couldn't stop talking. Yeji had to scold them in the middle of the night before they would even think of leaving each other.