Under the moonlight

[Draco]

Potter didn't reply, instead he took Draco's arm, leading him up the stairs.

"I can walk on my own." Draco said as he shook Harry's hands away, ignoring the butterflies in his stomach.

They walked to the top of the tower.
The moon was was hiding behind gloom clouds. The dim light seemed to amplify Draco's dark under eyes, making his fatigue more visible than usual.

"Why are you ignoring me?" Harry said, holding Draco's gaze.

He knew it was only a matter of time before he would have to give Harry a proper answer, but Draco wanted to avoid this conversation for as long as he could.

"Because I am."

"That's not an answer."

"Then you tell me why you keep on popping into my life, asking for attention." Draco said, getting frustrated at Harry's stubbornness.

"I'm not asking for attention," Potter argued, an adorable blush forming around his cheeks.

"Then what do you want from me?!?" Draco said, desperately trying to stay calm.

"I don't know..."

"This conversation is getting us nowhere. I'm leaving." Draco turned his heels and walked away.

He ran down the stairs, but Harry followed him.

"Draco!"

Draco ignored him, speeding up his pace.

"Stay!" The word echoed, not only in the staircase, but also in Draco's mind.

Stay.

Suddenly, he heard a crashing sound. He turned around and found Harry laying on the ground.

"Potter!"

No answer.

"Potter! Are you okay?"

All Draco heard was the wind whispering against the windows of the tower.

Blood froze in Draco's veins. He ran up the stairs and kneeled down next to him.

"Harry... "

The chosen one laid there, motionless.

Draco knew he shouldn't take advantage of people when they are weak, and kissing Harry while he was unconscious was definitely not the best way to be forgiven for his crimes.
But his relationship with Harry was ruined already, not that it had ever existed.

Draco was beginning to believe he was insane as his lips touched Potter's.
       The taste of blood overwhelmed him. Harry's lips were bleeding. Their lips parted, and Draco wiped the blood off with his thumb.
       He planted his lips back on Harry's, moving them softly, erasing all trace of blood that was left.
       He kissed his forehead tenderly, before he lifted Harry and brought him to the nurse.