Four (Her pov)

I was so restless. God why can't I ever sleep. The night is so calming. I saw the phone flashing and I picked it up lifting it to my ear.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Lorena. I figured you'd be awake." He said.

"What time is it?" I asked.

"4 in the morning." He said and his voice was tired.

"Why are you awake?" I asked.

"I've been working on some things for you. Anyways, I called because I was told I've had my cameras hacked by the same person for years. Was it you? I'm not upset just curious and I knew you'd be up." He said and I laughed.

"That's me." I said and he hummed.

"I wanted to make sure because I'd have you find the person otherwise." He mumbled.

"You're tired. Go to sleep Killian. We can talk about that tomorrow." I said and he laughed.

"No I actually called because I was bored and have no insomniac friends other than you." He sighed.

"What has been keeping you up this late or early I guess?" I asked.

"Well I know about your disorders and I find the night to be very calming. I also love beautiful music at night. I installed speakers and a window wall in your room. You have the room with the porch. I did your wardrobe and the bathroom products for you and your hygiene just arrived." He said and I smiled.

"Why are you being so considerate?" I asked.

"God Lore. I'm so tired. I literally can't imagine how hard not sleeping is and just staring blankly until somehow you find a way to sleep. Imagining having to wake you early and watching you live off no sleep makes my heart hurt. I know disorders can be much worse but you literally look so tired all the time. Beautiful but tired. I want to help. I know you have narcolepsy. Is there anyway I could help put that to use?" He asked.

He cares.

"I have no idea what soothes me. Fuck I don't even know how I was diagnosed with that. I think the window wall will be just fine. Go rest Killian. I'll love it regardless I promise." I said and he sighed.

"I feel very uncomfortable knowing you are awake. Can I come get you? I'm getting you. Gather what you want. See you in a bit love." He said hanging up and I was washed with confusion.

All of his admissions to me and statements were all true. But the mystery was why did he care so much? It's only been two days since he stopped hating me.

What is it?

I heard knocks at my door and I realized I sunk into my mind so I stood and walked to the door opening it seeing a shirtless Killian covered in marks and tattoos looking at me with bloodshot eyes.

"God you look exhausted." I said and felt guilt tug at my heart.

Fuck I want him to stop caring. I'm feeling shit and I don't like it.

"Shh. Grab what you want Lore." He said and I grabbed my baby blanket holding it to me and my laptop.

He took my laptop and took my hand pulling me to his car.

My eyes welled with tears feeling weird things in my chest.

I let them fall but I believed it was gratefulness. No one had treated me like this. Ever.

"Get in darling." He said and I did. The car was warm and I put my blanket on my cheek. It was always a comfort for me no matter how childish it seemed.

It was still as soft as it was when I was young.

"Tell me about the blanket." He said and I looked at it.

"I don't remember getting it. I was too young. My mom, she got it for me." I said and sighed.

"May I ask about her?" He asked.

"I have her name as my middle. Lorena Aria Vile. Hers was Aria Charlie Vile. Beautiful woman. So so perfect. She looked exactly like I do now. Just with brown eyes. She was the most perfect woman. An Angel. So kind and caring. Very funny. She was what every daughter wanted in a mom." I said and my lip quivered as tears filled my eyes. He placed his hand in my hair while driving with the other and scratched my head softly.

"She was so good to everyone. She loved me so much." I sighed looking down.

"May I asked what happened?" He whispered.

"Suicide." I mumbled.

"When I was six. I found her in her room. She hung herself. My father beat her. Degraded her, raped her. Awful man. She was beautiful even in death. I believed it was what she wanted and accepted her chosen fate." I said and he pulled the car into his garage.

"I lost my mom to suicide too." He said and I looked up at him.

"She was not the best person but I never took her for granted. She was bi-polar and suffered for years with depression. Her and my father were separated but she was still around. She got into drugs and began spiraling. She purposely overdosed." He nodded.

"I'm sorry." I whispered and he looked at me with a sad smile.

"I'm sorry about yours. She sounded amazing. If she looked that much like you, god she must've been gorgeous." He said and I smiled. He picked up my blanket and held it to the side of my face.

I closed my eyes leaning into the soft familiar fabric I've known forever.

"Life isn't fair Lorena. It's really hard and really sucks. I hope I can bless you with a new and better experience. I'm never like this but something about you makes me want to be close to you. I hope that you understand I am here for you. I hope you know you have the right to put me in place and stab me in the eye with a heel whenever I lash out. I'm here okay?" He asked and I hummed feeling a tear hit my cheek.

"Thank you Killian." I smiled taking the blanket myself and we both got out. He opened his arms and I wrapped my arms around his waist.

He hugged me securely and I savored his warm skin and smell.

"Thank you for trusting me with that." He said and I nodded.

"Go to bed. You're so tired." I said and he nodded.

"Your room is by mine so come on." He said and we walked into his beautifully large home.

"My room is right across from yours. No funny business." He pointed and I laughed.

"None. None for you either." I pointed.

"No one other than you has entered this space." He said and I was shocked.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yup. Nothing happens here. It's always very quiet. I'm glad to share it with you. It's too quiet sometimes." He said and I smiled.

"But seriously please try not to bring anyone here." He chuckled.

"If we are talking about choice and consent wise I am a virgin." I shrugged.

"Wow. Well this is a peaceful house." He smiled.

"Sleep is calling your nameee." I whispered and he nodded.

"It really is. See you soon Lore." He waved and I closed the door to mine.

I turned and saw stars. Wow.