five

Wednesday yawned as she sprawled sideways on the couch, Kate sat in front of her as she watched the tv. Pizza dog was lying on the floor in front of them, head perking up when the front door opened.

"A major NYPD investigation is underway. New York socialite Armand Ducane was found dead in his home last night. Witnesses saw a mysterious figure leaving the scene, along with a hooded individual," the news reporter on the tv said, showing a photo of Kate and Wednesday as they left Armand's house the night prior.

Wednesday looked slowly from the tv to Clint, who had raised eyebrows and a very unimpressed face.

"But that's..." Kate trailed off.

"Yeah," Clint said.

"The description matches the masked assailants from last night's auction robbery. These two events have officials wondering if indeed, the Ronin has returned to New York City, if he may be responsible for Armand Ducane's death, who his partner is, and what they may do next," the reporter said.

Wednesday turned the tv off and Kate leaned back against her with a groan.

"Oh, my God. Wait. Wait, they think we... They think I'm that... vigilante?" she stuttered.

"It's been less than 24 hours, you've both been on the news twice. Impressive. Told you that suit was bad news," Clint said.

"I didn't even have a suit," Wednesday said. Clint pointed at her.

"Guilty by association," he said.

"That is so unfair, yet so totally true," Wednesday groaned.

"Clint, I gotta go. We gotta go," Kate said, yanking Wednesday off the couch. She stumbled to her feet with a groan.

"God, Katie, some warning would've been nice," she muttered.

"Uh, no, no, no. That is, uh, the last thing you need to do, actually. Let's not forget the Tracksuit guys trying to kill you twice yesterday. I'm going to find this suit, and until I do, you're both gonna stay put. It's not safe, obviously," Clint looked between them.

"Not showing up at work is not safe. My mom is already high strung. Surprised she hasn't called one of us already," Kate said.

"That's why having dead parents is superior," Wednesday said.

"That's your one for the day," Kate said.

"That wasn't even a suicide joke!" Wednesday said.

"Dead parents, suicide, it's the same ball park in your family," Kate rolled her eyes. Wednesday considered it before nodding.

"Good point," she said.

"Just stay put, please," Clint interrupted them.

"Look, if we stay put, she's just gonna come and find us, anyway. She owns a security company. It's literally the safest place we can go," Kate said.

"Yeah. And if Kate doesn't turn up, she'll blame me. She always blames me," Wednesday said.

"Less than she used to!" Kate said positively.

"She's growing," Wednesday agreed.

"Yeah, no. You're just not gonna listen to me, are you?" Clint sighed.