52. Red line

Athena

I stared at the stick, tears rimming my eyes.

Two red lines.

...it's not surprising. We had a very active sex life. But...

I had a mental breakdown when Layla became doubtful of my food option nowadays. The way Ace asked me what was wrong with me. How come I didn't realize it? I did not have any sickness but it was beyond all that.

I have a human being growing in me.

Thinking about that sentence in that way terrified me. I didn't know if i was ever ready to be a mom, I didn't know if Ace wanted it.

Hell, I don't even like kids.

What am I gonna do?

"Please talk to him. I know this is freaking you out, but share this with him. The kid isn't yours only, he has a right to know." Layla said, breaking my chain of thoughts.

I slumped against the seat, letting out a deep sigh with my hands around my flat stomach.

I can't think.

I always wanted a baby, but then there was a heck lot of responsibilities with it. Being a mother...its no easy task. You are being everything to that kid, and I don't know if I can be someone who can fill up a mom post.

But then again, I can try and be the mom I wish I had. A cool mom, a mom who realized my situations and thoughts, who helped me a lot through my teenage years...

Don't get me wrong, my mum was great but teenage was tough.

.....besides, aren't they adorable?

Crap.

"I love this." I mumbled, patting my stomach fondly.

Layla glanced at me before bursting into laughter. "Okay, you still want that chocolate-dipped pickles?"

"Hell yeah."

She gagged but did get me some. She dropped me off at the mansion and went her way, not before making me promise I will tell all this to Ace.

For her peace, I texted him right away and showed her the chat for proof.

And now here I was now, staring at my reflection in the full-length mirror in the bathroom.

A baby...

Wow.

Ugh, I didn't even pass the first month. Calm down, Athena.

I shut my eyes tightly before deciding to take a bath.

An hour into the bath I heard the voice of a car passing the automatic gates. Knowing it must be Ace I drained the bath, taking a quick shower.

I couldn't help but sing. A lullaby, of all other songs.

Where are the pop and rock?

Maybe....maybe this isn't so bad, maybe I shouldn't take this news negatively.

Excitement bubbled in me hearing the door open and I quickly dried off. Chanting some motivational words I got out of the bathroom, my heart thudding against my chest seeing Ace on the bed.

Don't be jittery, calm down. Calm down, Athena.

Ace didn't look up, his entire body stiff and unmoving.

.....is something wrong?

"...Ace. Hey, how was your day?" I enquired casually as I stepped out of the bathroom.