FINAL

Asteria's 7th year was coming to an end, meaning the whole year of students were studying for their OWLs. It was only a week away and Asteria took up every opportunity to look through her textbooks.

One night, James and her sat at a table in the corner of the library. It was so late that the castle was silent apart from the crackling of the candles and the sounds of pages. Occasionally their hands would brush against eachother which would make James glance up at her.

He would stop and stare at her, watching as her dark eyes scanned the page and how her face was lit up by the warm light of the candle.

They then heard footsteps approaching which made her stop reading and look up. Standing at the table was Lily who was carrying a pile of books. "Still studying?" She asked the couple.

"Yeah," He answered with a nod. "Asteria is worrying herself too much about it." James added. "It's insane that you aren't as worried!" She exclaimed which made Lily chuckle lightly.

"You shouldn't be worried Asteria. You've go this." The red head tried to reassure her but it didn't work too well. "And I'm just suppose to trust your word!" She exclaimed back which made James sigh.

"Right, you need sleep." Lily muttered. "Speaking of sleep. It's almost lights out." She reminded them before leaving the silent library. "She's right Asteria." James sighed as he slowly closed the book in front of her and put her hand into his.

After a bit of conviceing, James walked her back to the Hufflepuff common room. "Are you sure you don't want me to stay with you?"  He asked her which made her nod before knocking in the barrels to enter her common room.

James watched her walk in before letting out a sigh. Asteria went straight up to her dormitory, lit the candle at her bedside and opened up another textbook.

It was getting much later and she knew that but she was convinced that she would fail everything if she didn't finish this chapter of the textbook. But as she ran her finger along the words, she felt her eyes water up.

The tears then began to fall down her face as she gripped into her curly hair. She was so overwhelming that she couldn't keep it in any longer.

She covered her mouth to drown out her sobs but the tears wouldn't stop. Asteria finally got up and pushed the door of her dorm open before sneaking up to the Fat Lady portrait.

-☘︎-

James lay peacefully in his bed, the dorm filled with gentle snores from the other boys. Suddenly, a pillow was thrown at his head and herd Sirius' voice. "James. You're girlfriend is here."

Confused, he sat up to see Asteria standing bu his bed. He jumped before flicking his wand which lit the candle at his bedside. He could now see her red eyes and wet cheeks. He held onto her hand and pulled the blanket up for her to get in.

She was still crying as he wrapped his arms around her, her head buried into his chest. "What's wrong?" He quietly asked her. She looked up at him which was when he moved some of the hair which had stuck to her cheeks.

"I-I don't know." She stuttered. "I was just studying and then I started cry-" He shushed her gently before pressing kiss on her forehead. "It's okay now. You're okay now." He repeated in her ear.

-☘︎-

Asteria woke up a week later for her first test. This was it. Once these were done, she was done with hogwarts and she could do anything she wanted to.

She flung her blankets off of her and went into the bathroom to throw some water into her face. "I can do this." She told herself in the mirror quietly before getting changed into her uniform.

But as she did up her tie, there was a knock at her door. "Come in." She called out. In the mirror, she saw James walk in so she turned around to face him. "What are you doing in here?" She asked with furrowed eyebrows.

"I wanted to check up on you." He replied as he walk over to her and wrapped his arms around her. She then turned around to face her mirror but his arms stayed around her.

"You've got nothing to worry about. You'll do amazing." He whispered sweetly before kissing her cheek. "Let's hope so." She muttered in reply as she rested her hands on top of his.

"I'm not convinced that you believe me. Come on! You're gonna do great." He exclaimed as he stepped back, making her turn around. She only shrugged in reply. "Say it." He ordered. "I'm gonna do great." She said monotonously but James, knowing that it was the best he was gonna get, nodded. "Good."

She then glanced over at the clock in her dorm. "It's almost time." James looked over at the time as well before nodding and together they left the common room, hand in hand.

As they approached the Great Hall, James noticed Asteria begin to fidget slightly so he squeezed her hand to reassure her. "You'll be fine honestly." He whispered as he kissed her cheek and follow the line to their desks.

-☘︎-

Finally, the week of test were over and the school year was up. The common room was filled of students hurrying around to pack their suitcases. Asteria had woken up early to get it all done so she ended up sitting on James' bed watching him pack.

She sat at the end of the bed as the rest was covered in piles of clothes. "That is it. That's hogwarts done." James stated with a grin. "Do you have any plans of what to do after?" Asteria asked as she crossed her legs.

"Yeah. Dumbledore has asked us to join his order to fight the dark lord." James replied as he packed his quidditch jersey. "That sounds dangerous James." Asteria said in a concerned tone of voice.

"But it's the right thing to do." He replied. "All of us have joined up. Sirius, Remus, Lily, Marlene," He began to list as he pushed up his glasses. She let out a small sigh. "Then I'll ask to join. Im not gonna sit around and do nothing." James smiled at her before placing his hand on her thigh and squeezing it slightly.

"We could start looking for our own place." He said as he put in the final pile of clothes and sat beside her. "Our own place?" She questioned. "Unless you want to stay with my parents forever?" He laughed. "I wouldn't mind it. You're mum is amazing. She reminds me of mine." She replied.

James then lifted up her chin with his finger before leaning in. But before pressing his lips against hers he whispered, "I love you and I won't let anything hurt you." He then moved forward slightly more so their lips pressed against each other.

Just then they heard Remus' voice. "Hurry up! The train is gonna leave!" They pulled away with a small chuckle before he picked up his suitcase and the couple left his dormitory.

-☘︎-

I just want to thank you all for reading this story and I hope you enjoyed it. I do have another one that I'm writing and I will publish the first chapter in a little bit. I'm sorry for losing motivation at the end and that you had to wait a while for chapters.

Love Emma xxx