29. Search.

*Vroom*

Jack drove his motorcycle and parked in front of Bella's house.

There were already a dozen figures standing in the yard while Charlie was pointing at the map, which was located on top of the rusty truck.

Harry Clearwater and Jacob were standing next to him while Bella was talking with Edward, who also came.

Few took glances towards Jack and kept doing their own business.

Jack unmounted the bike and went straight towards Charlie.

''You came,'' Charlie said with a stoic face.

Jack wryly smiled and nodded.

The reason why there are so many people gathered is because they gathered a search party to capture the culprit who caused the wildfire a few months ago.

Since Charlie's house also has signs of failed arson, people thought that it was the same culprit, and he cannot be left alone anymore.

There was a visible black spot on one of the walls of the building, it was caused by shotgun shot, and that was also one of the reasons Charlie gathered everyone.

His shotgun went missing, and everyone thought that the culprit stole it!

The Police has been searching for the culprit for months, but with no success, so they decided to go all in.

Charlie doesn't remember a thing from that night, except a few flashes of memories, but he thought that it was his imagination.

In his hazy memory, he saw how his shotgun didn't even scratch the red-haired man in front of him— it couldn't be possible, that's what he thought.

Bella and Edward looked with amusement towards Jack, who was as pale as a sheet.

Harry looked at Jack and narrowed his eyes slightly.

Quileute Tribe decided to keep an eye on this young man because many are debating whether this young man soon becomes one of the cold ones.

They also think that Jack might be tricked and might end up becoming their snack at one point— they can't be sure.

It is hard for a young man such as Jack to resist the beauty of vampires.

''You will go with Jacob, search the area near Cullens Residence since you are familiar with them, I think they will let you search in peace,'' Charlie said.

Jack nodded, but he wondered.

Will they let Jacob near?

Rosalie isn't the best with temper.

Jacob didn't look like he minded.

He went to his own motorcycle, which he built from scratch and mounted it.

''Can you keep up?'' Jacob asked and revved the engine.

Jack snorted and mounted his motorcycle.

They left the yard and started driving towards the Cullens Residence.

Jacob took one final glance towards Bella and started driving faster.

Jack easily followed behind him, and soon they left the town area and arrived at the stone road which leads to Cullens Residence.

They parked their bikes on the side of the road and entered the dark forest.

It was bone-chillingly quiet.

The only sound that came was from their feet stepping on the hard ground.

Soon they arrived at the first place where trees were burnt.