51. Desired Jewel

Ace

I would have loved it if my wife slapped me right across the face.

I wouldn't even block it, I deserve that shit. But being the angel she is she didn't do that, she accepted me.

It did take a few cheeseburgers, sour candies, along with cooperation to her mood swings and pent-up frustration to coax her out, but that was minimal than what I expected.

It's been over four months since that meeting at the club. We were awkward at first, not knowing how to exactly talk and act but then realized we didn't need those barriers anymore.

I took Athena out for dates many times now, yet at the end of the night my heart thuds in anxiousness when I ask if she enjoyed it.

And her face flushes every time she says yes.

We have been taking things as slowly as possible, to have the rhythmic steady we had before. So far, so good.

I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with her. If anyone who wasn't in love heard my rant they would gag with the overload cheesiness.

I, for the fact, loves cheese.

I was extremely sorry like I should be for leaving her hanging and vulnerable. In what I hoped was compensation, I helped her with her messy business before I took over my own. The next thing we did was go see her parents. I wasn't exactly in love with them before, they reminded me of my lovely family.

Maybe a reason I never went with Athena after our first meet with them.

But then I realized, her parents are my parents. I can receive the love from them, there was no need to shut them out.

And then there was her best friend. Layla was a literal nightmare, Athena is the reason I have balls right now. If she didn't drag her psycho friend away....

I shuddered.

My phone rang, snapping me out of my thoughts. I smiled seeing the caller ID and picked it up.

"How is my messy patient?" A playful but deep voice rung in through the speakers.

This guy was a savior.

"Sorted out, thanks to you." I responded, closing the file I was going through, not before signing.

"And how is your wife who you messed up?"

"Sorted out, thanks to me." I answered again, feeling good to speak to my therapist. I wouldn't have known where to start or stop if it wasn't for him.

Going to Paris with a blank mind was....scary. My mind was always there to support me, it always worked and kept going.

The flight to Paris was me being numb.

"Ahh....the feeling of success." Aaron, my therapist sighed into his phone. "Don't mess up again, Ace. Or the bartender post is still up, just for you."

"Nope. No thanks. Dealing with drunk, shitty people is the last thing I want now." He laughed, prodding a bit more about how we were doing before hanging up.

He was checking up on his ex-patients. Only a few did that. I need to recommend him to anyone who is in need of a therapist.

I looked up to see it was already 8.

Frowning, I kept my phone back down and proceeded to finish the fragments of today's portion of work. It seems to be a never-ending job. 

It was draining and around nine, I decided to go home.

Home.

I smiled again, before scoffing. Only she can fuck my head good enough to make me smile while staring into thin air.