[Chapter 53: Call Me Maybe?]

"I-It's only been one day...It's no big deal..." You awkwardly stuttered, your cheeks glowing a light pink while you tried to stay calm. "My roommates are doing their best...So please don't worry about it..."

"Being stalked is still pretty serious though, (Y/n). Regardless if it's only one day." Cadence commented with concern - Amber and Laura both dipping their heads in agreement.

"You haven't even informed the authorities." Billy pointed out uneasily, the dark-haired male sounding moderately unhappy about your current decision.

"You haven't...?" Amber worriedly echoed, her agitated thoughts shining through as she clasped her hands together against the table. "Why not...? Are your roommates stopping you from doing so or something...?"

"You really should." Stu sternly interjected, his firm behaviour throwing you off and forcing you feel even more bashful. "It's not safe. Who knows what they could be planning."

"He's right, (Y/n)." Cadence sided with him in a troubled tone, her expression becoming concerned herself whilst she finished eating. "It could only be a matter of time before they decide to actually attack, or make a move."

"What do you propose I do then...?" You spoke stressfully, running a hand through your hair before looking around at your group of friends. "My roommates aren't on very good terms with the authorities...So I can't exactly inform the police either."

"I have an idea." Billy mentioned swiftly, his sudden remark causing all of you to stare at him in bewilderment.

"Oh? What's on your mind...?" You curiously questioned, not expecting him to come up with a suggestion so quickly.

"Why don't we all exchange numbers?" He recommended lightly - his plan making your eyes widen with surprise.

"Wait, what...!?" You exclaimed in alarm, biting your lip and wondering how your so-called "roommates" would react.

"It does sound like a good plan." Stu calmly agreed, giving Billy a firm nod before shooting you a soothing smile.

"Woah, woah, woah! Now wait just a minute!" You protested unhappily, slamming your hands down on the table after standing up.

"What's the problem...?" Laura quietly wondered - not understanding why you were so upset over Billy and Stu's idea.

"I, uh, well, it's just that...My roommates...They won't really...like you all knowing our exact address...or location..." Stumbling over your words, your stress levels rose; not knowing how to fix your situation or pacify their curiosity. "...Not to mention I've still only known you both for a couple of days..."

"You'd rather be in extreme danger and face multiple stalkers than just give us your phone number...?" Billy summarised suspiciously, frowning at your decision and making you feel even more unsure.

"Wait, there's more than one!?" Amber exploded in a panicked tone, clutching either side of her head and losing her composure quicker than you had.

"You can't be serious, (Y/n)...!" Laura responded fiercely, looking distressed while she tried to comfort your dark-haired friend. "Why didn't you tell us...!?"