~ 0 ~

“Aurora!” Charlie yelled, a big smile on his face as he listened to the sounds of rushed footsteps coming from upstairs, “Aurora we’re going to be late!” Like he promised Aurora was going to attend school for a few weeks to see how she likes it, if she didn’t then she was more than welcome to attend homeschool with Sue.

“C-coming Papa! Have to get my bag.” She ran around in excitement, she didn’t like the thought of attending school again, but she couldn’t help but get the first day jitters. Since her home life was better she hoped that her school life would be just as good, if not better, she wasn’t one that would just give up so she didn’t mind staying in school for a few weeks just to see how it goes.

Though to say she wasn’t nervous was an understatement, she was beyond apprehensive, worried even about how today was going to go and the fact she was going to be away from her Papa for so long.

“Your bag is down here, we need to leave now if we want to make it to the diner for breakfast.” He grabbed the small pink bag in his hand, it was bought by Jacob who he thanked because he had forgotten about getting her one and planned to do so at the last minute.

“My bag Jakie got me!” Aurora smiled, she was a little sad that her friend wasn’t able to attend her school but she would make the best out of it, this would be her chance to make even more friends.

“Yes, your bag that Jacob got you is down here, come along now.” He really wasn’t in any rush, she was new anyways though he was sure that she wouldn’t want any extra attention drawn to her for being late.

“Okay.” With a small jump down the stairs that earned her a stern look from Charlie she shyly walked out the door and towards the police cruiser, unlike Bella she didn’t mind riding around in the vehicle with her father, it was quite fun and allowed her to play pretend when she was bored.

“Breakfast is going to have to be quick now Aurora,” he reminded, and almost slightly groaned, at the thought of the puppy that was going to be there watching them, Aurora had made it her mission to save any meat on her plate for the puppy and even play with it before they left, did he stop her, once but seeing the sad look on her face as she left the poor thing along without any attention ate him up inside so he allowed her to do it. It’ll come back to bite him, and he knows it but would he really tell her not to play with a small dog?

“I know, don’t wanna be late!” She cheered, it was almost surreal how happy she was, but then again, Aurora was a naturally happy girl, it’ll be more weird if she wasn’t her usual bubbly self.

“Good to see we’re on the same page.” Charlie mumbled, he grabbed the lunch that Sue had dropped off late last night for Aurora for good luck, and picked up her phone that stays charged in the living room every night.

He thought it was unusual, Billy thought it was unusual, and Sue thought it was unusual how Aurora wasn’t attached at the hip to her phone like all the other kids these days, she would leave it anywhere and everywhere not once staying on it for more than a few minutes to do what she needs to do. He didn’t know what to think but decided that it was best that she loved interacting with him so much.

Thinking about this while he started driving down the road, he glanced over to Aurora who was tapping away on her phone sending messages and possibly photos to Jacob, “so I’m guessing you're going to want your usual?” It wasn’t really a question, they come to the diner almost everyday for breakfast through dinner and they both order the same thing.

“Yes Papa, though can I have Sweet tea this time.” She smiled, and he smiled.

“Sure you can, getting tired of Apple juice?” He teased, the girl drinks it with every meal making it known that this was her favorite drink.

“Never!” She giggled, she loved her Papa, she wasn’t as nervous as before with him cheering her up.

The two were quite a happy pair today, even more so because Aurora was no longer sick after a month of being bedridden after Leah claimed she woke up feeling unwell. It was a secret between the two that Aurora was mostly sick because of her feeling overwhelmed, and not because she caught a cold or whatever Leah thought she got, Charlie planned on keeping it that way, he didn’t want any harm coming to her, and she mostly got overwhelmed on Sundays anyways so he managed to pull some strings and get Doctor Lee to get her Mondays off. He thanked whatever god that got Lee to agree to such an outrageous request and he thanked the god again for managing to get her some classes away from the Cullens, though he was positive the school only did that because of what happened to Bella, either way he thanked them. Keeping Aurora out of trouble and safe was going to be hopefully much easier while he’s away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

❤️Here's the prologue, Loves❤️I also hope everyone's having a great day

Here's the prologue, Loves❤️
I also hope everyone's having a great day.