Chapter 6

I was giggling like crazy right now. I smacked Rowan on the arm 'Don't you have to go to work?' I asked, laughing in between the words. He kept tickling me, and I only have one tickle spot.

'Oh shit right' he looked up at me with wide eyes as we both started laughing. 'Okay go, go.' I said.

I got ready for work. Oh right I forgot to mention I got a job! I'm going to be a bartender but, yes there's a but there's always a but. But only for a while as I said I'm trying to be a lawyer. It's my dream to defend those who've been wrong. To bring justice to those who were corrupted and taken advantage of and so much more. But for now we start slow. I went downstairs for breakfast and made eggs, my shift doesn't start until two hours.

'Hey, what are you making? Oh eggs, cool. But only for yourself I hope my stomach hurts and I'm not in the mood to eat. Maybe I'll get a coffee or something on the way but that's it.' he said, kissing my cheeks.

'Don't worry I only made one so far. Let me guess you need help with your tie.' I said smiling at him knowing that I was in fact right. 'Yes ma'am I need help. Would you kindly tie my tie for me?' he asks in a British accent. 'I will definitely tie your tie for you kind sir' I said back in a British accent as he laughed. I tied his tie and he fixed his collar and looked at himself in the mirror.

'I think the thing I'm grateful for is you. I'm so lucky and blessed. I love you.' he said smiling at our reflections from the mirror. He took my arms that were hugging his waist from behind and hugged me when he turned around. 'I swear I'll never let you go, I'll lock you in our room if I ever have to' he said. 'I'm sure that won't be necessary.' I said giggling as he chuckled.

'Okay bye I have to go.' he smiled as he kissed my cheek. I smiled watching him leave. God when did I get so lucky. I ate my food and read a bit of November 9 before I left. Shit it's 9:30. I should leave. I have to get there by 10.

                                                                                                  ...

Lord it's 5:25 just 5 more minutes and my shift is over. I turned my head to one of my co-workers, Emily. 'Hey do you want to go out after our shifts, I'm so bored' I said. Our shifts end at the same time. 'Sure, where do you want to go?' she asked. 'I don't know, maybe a different club.' I said.

'Do you want to get drunk?' she teased moving her blonde hair out of the way. Emily was beautiful. She was 5'6 and had blonde hair and blue eyes. If I wasn't straight I'd totally kiss her. She's also my new best friend, not that I replaced my trio. After getting this job she was really nice and helped me and showed me around. 'Maybe' I said, extending the e.

'I feel you. There are some wild thoughts going on in this thing of mine you call a brain.' she said. I looked at the clock. 5:30. 'Let's go, shifts are over.' I said.

'Okay but you are definitely coming to my place for clothes because I want you to be absolutely hot, not that you aren't already just more. Did that make sense? I feel like it didn't?' she asked. 'I mean kind of in a way since I know you I guess it did make sense.' I said.

                                                                                                  ...

I wore this black lace dress that went mid-thigh Emily wore the same except blue. 'I'm expecting you to know what' Emily said. I shaked my head. Emily's love life is complicated. Emily and Ajax have been friends for five years. They both have feelings for each other but get into fights just because they don't want to stay in a relationship but recently they both changed their minds and have avoided talking to each other for three months.

I started texting Rowan because I realized I should probably tell him I'm not going to be home until a few hours.

                                                                                                                                                                                Hey

Hello, your shift is over right?

                                                           Yes sir. But I texted to tell you that I am going to a club with Emily

Okay just stay safe.

                                                                                                                                                                         I love you 

I love me too. I'm kidding, I love you. 

'Oh wait, can I call my friends? I want to show them how I look.' I said. 'Of course take your time babe I'll be waiting' she said.

Pick up, pick up, pick up

'Yes my dear you called. We literally have off today you're so lucky you called today out of all days.' Emma said.

God I missed her voice. Even though I talked to her two days ago.

'I'm going out tonight to a club. I want to know how I look, so how do I look?' I asked.

'Wow you look hot as always. Darren came over here, doesn't she look hot?' she said.

'Super hot, if I wasn't gay I would've had a boner looking at you. Rowan's a lucky man' Darren said as he blew a kiss and ran away. I think he was playing video games because I could hear blasts and all the game noises I used to hear when I used to live there.

I know nothings going to happen but it's worth the try to ask. I feel more than sad and a little regretful because it feels like Quinn shattered my heart. He blocked me everywhere and I mean everywhere. It's like we don't exist to each other, like if he was a fragment of my imagination.

'Hey uhm is Quinton there?' I asked, clearing my throat.

It seemed like her focus went somewhere else because first her eyebrows scrunched up together then she had a questioning look on her face and raised an eyebrow and now she just rolled her eyes.

'Oh Quinn no, sorry he's not here at the moment.' Emma said, looking at me sympathetically. Emma never said "at the moment" she said she always preferred saying right now, she said she thought it made her seem like an asshole. So she's lying but I can't hate her. She's lying for him, our friend. Our friend. Not our, her friend. After talking for 10 more minutes I hung up and left with Emily.

                                                                                                 ...

Emily is dancing with her boyfriend right now and I'm sitting here getting drunk. Boyfriend? Ajax finally asked Emily to be his girlfriend and now they're dancing and enjoying themselves.

I felt an arm snake around my waist. At first I flinched but I relaxed because I took in his scent. It's just Rowan.

'So I asked Emily what club you guys were at and she's with her boyfriend and said I can "whisk you away" for the night as I recall. May I take you to my beautiful car and do other things with you when we reach our beloved destination we call our home?' he asked, taking my hand. I knew what those other things were.

'Yes you can' I said.

That was a very long night.

A/N: Hope you liked it! Who loves Emily and Ajax? Stay safe! I love you guys sfm.<333