Chapter Forty Six

Hunter ~

"Knight is under attack." Hunter said through a clenched jaw to his men who turned their attention to Hunter.

"What's the extent of the damage?" Axel asked, stepping forward.

"Explosion on the West side wall of building C."

"Right above the vaults. You motherfuckers!" Kincaid yelled as he planted his foot in the center of Parker's chest and sent him flying backwards, landing with a thud on the concrete floor.

"Miles is there for the drives and baby boy over here lured us away, giving him the perfect opportunity." Slater growled.

Hunter couldn't focus on Banks or his men at the moment. He stood stock still, his chest pumping with rapid breaths as he ran analytics in his mind. Every potential decision has risks and benefits and Hunter needed to run through all of them before he gave his men orders.

Banks lured us away so his dad could retrieve and destroy the drives....drives that aren't there. But Banks and his boys didn't know that. Banks played on my emotions, using Kenzie to warn me so I'd listen. He fucking worked me. Banks and his men either want to allow Miles to destroy the drives to clear their names or they are still actively working for Miles. Either way, they don't want us at Knight and went through a lot of trouble to lead us away...which means thats exactly where we need to be.

"We're going back." Hunter said firmly, alerting his teams that were more than willing to defend their facility.

"Listen to me. You don't want to do that." Banks warned.

"You think we can't handle your old man?" Grayson scoffed.

"I'm telling you. Don't go back there. Just let him take what he wants." Banks pleaded.

"Yeah you'd like that wouldn't you."  Hunter growled as he dialed Nate's number.

"Talk to me Sir."

"You got eyes on my place?" Hunter asked.

"Yes. No movement."

That means they aren't after Kenzie and they aren't after these three jokers that we're holding hostage. Miles wants those drives and one of these assholes is helping him. The drives aren't there but I'm not going to sit back while someone destroys my facility. This ends now.

"Whats your location?" Hunter asked.

"Fortress F."

James' place. That's exactly where I want you.

"How many tangos are we dealing with?"

"Six."

"Alpha and Delta are about to lock and load. Relay message to Bravo and have them assist."

"Copy...Alpha three and Red have volunteered to stay behind for added security."

Nate, James, Caroline and Austin all there to protect the girls. I'm for it.

"Roger that. We're rolling out in five and will call Bravo One with directives."

"You're making a mistake." Banks said from his kneeling position on the floor.

"Sorry we don't take advice from buddy fuckers." Gunner said with disgust in his voice.

The teams readied themselves to head back to Knight, taking inventory of the rifles and ammo they had on them. It wasn't a lot, but it was enough.

"Sir I'd like to volunteer to stay behind to make sure these Blue Falcons stay caged and can't fuck anything else up." Kincaid offered.

Hunter gave him a nod of approval and handed him a rifle as he addressed the CIA operative that was in charge of the safe house.

"Mind keeping an eye on our guests for a few hours?" Hunter asked.

"Not at all Sir." The man responded, handing Kincaid a loaded rifle.

"Excellent."

"Hall please listen to me." Banks pleaded.

"I'm done listening to you Gryffon. You're a fucking snake - a traitor and if I find out you're the one behind all this, I'm coming back to slit your throat." Hunter growled as he turned his back, leading his men out the door.

"Don't do this. Go to Kenzie." Banks added, pulling Hunters gaze over his shoulder.

Not again. I won't let you use my feelings for Kenzie to lead me astray.

"You think tugging at my heart strings for Kenzie is gonna save you? I let you fool me once but I've got you all figured out Gryffon."

"She needs you." Banks begged again from his knees.

"Listen to him Hall, don't be a fucking idiot. He knows Miles better than anyone." Parker said in Banks defense while Eli remained still and silent.

"She needs you to go to her." Banks reiterated.

Enough of this bullshit.

"She needed you too, but where were you huh? When those animals fucking branded her - where were you?  When Miles tortured her for "research" - where the fuck were you?"

Hunter lifted Banks off the ground by the collar of his shirt until it started to rip as he yelled down into his face.

"Don't repeat my mistake Hunter. Go to her. Protect her yourself" Banks grunted as Hunter dropped him.

"And let your old man make a fool out of me? Tear my facility to pieces while he searches for drives that aren't even there? I don't think so."

"Don't underestimate him Hall." Banks warned. "He'll hit you right where you think you're safe."

Banks warning set Hunters blood on fire and he turned around slowly with the hairs on the back of his neck standing on end.

"Like you did? Kenzie is my safe place and you used my feelings for her to manipulate me. Never again." Hunter growled before storming out of the room.

"I need em' conscious for potential questioning, but they don't have to look pretty. Do your thing Ice." Hunter muttered to Kincaid.

"With pleasure Sir." Kincaid replied as he cracked his knuckles and rolled his shoulders in a circular motion.

With his jaw clenched tightly and his entire body flexed, Hunter exploded out of the safe house to his truck with his men by his side.

Don't let him work you. Kenzie is safe and Miles is a dead man.

Slater, Logan, and Gunner piled into Hunters truck with their strategic minds working in over drive.

"Banks and Parker are looking pretty fucking guilty to me. You can't say something to one without the other getting defensive." Gunner pointed out.

"Yeah but why is Eli so fucking quiet? The guilty party isn't always the loudest." Logan added.

Hunter looked over at Slater who was scowling, lost in his own thoughts.

"You good?" Hunter asked as he barreled toward the freeway.

"Yeah, I uh. Yeah I'm good."

"Speak your mind we don't have time for guessing games." Hunter warned.

"It's nothing I just...Kincaid had a weird look in his eye when we left. Somethin was off."

"He was probably just pissed." Gunner offered.

"Yeah maybe. I don't know."

"You wanna fall back? I can drop you here and you can hike it back to the safe house." Hunter offered.

"Nah he's good. Solid. It's probably nothing." Slater admitted.

I hope so. I need all of you focused and ready. Miles Gryffon is about to pay for every fucked up thing he's ever done.

*******

Thoughts or theories on their plan of action or Slaters concerns about Kincaid?