xix. decathlon trip

CHAPTER XIX
decathlon trip

CHAPTER XIXdecathlon trip

NEW YORK, USA — 2017

TODAY WAS THE DAY OF THE DECATHLON FIELD TRIP. Noah had gotten ready just in time, hoping that he wasn't too late.

Currently, he was rushing towards the front of the school, where the team were going to meet before they headed off on their field trip.

He let out an immediate sigh of relief once he saw that the team was there, still awaiting for his appearance.

He halted right in front of them all, his breath rushed and shaky. He greeted them all with an effortless smile, raising his hand to slightly wave at them all.

Everybody had quickly noticed him. Some of them had even waved back or greeted him with a friendly smile.

"Ah," Michelle dramatically announced, "he finally arrives."

"Didn't want to be late, did I?" Noah responded breathlessly.

"Too bad." Michelle stated. "You were already late."

To intrude on the conversation altogether, brisk and firm footsteps were heard from behind Noah, everybody glancing over his shoulder.

"Hey, it's Peter!"

What the fuck. Noah had no idea whatsoever that Peter was on the decathlon team. That was surprising yet cool news to him.

He whipped his head around, only to see Peter rushing towards him and the team. He shot a slight smile in Peter's way, greeting him with a nod.

"Guys-"

"Peter?" Liz said with confusion.

"Yeah, I was hoping I could maybe rejoin the team?" Peter asked.

Okay. Noah definitely missed a few chapters. Firstly, he didn't know that Peter was on the decathlon team. And secondly, he didn't know that Peter had even left the decathlon team beforehand.

Flash suddenly stepped in, though. He pushed his way throughout the crowd of students, shooting an angsty glare in Peter's direction.

"No, no way." He firmly stated. "You can't just quit on us, stroll up and be welcomed back by everyone."

Then, all of a sudden, Mr. Harrington, their teacher, hopped out of the bus. He wore the friendliest smile on his face, approaching his students.

"Hey, welcome back, Peter!" He greeted.

Mr. Harrington then looked over at Noah, his smile disappearing moments later once he had glanced over at Flash.

"Welcome, Noah!" He said brightly. "Flash, you're back to first alternate."

Flash's face was immediately etched with confusion and fury. He glared between everybody, his eyebrows suddenly furrowed in confusion.

"What?"

"He's taking your place."

That comment made most of the team almost burst out with laughter, but they all just held their giggles back with smiles and snorts.

Michelle, on the other hand, wasn't even laughing. She squinted her dark brown eyes ever so slightly, glaring between everybody with slight irritation.

"Uh, excuse me, can we go already?" She interrupted. "Because, I was hoping to get into some protesting in front of an embassy before dinner, so."

"Protesting is patriotic." Mr. Harrington stated. "Let's get on the bus."

And with those words, Flash just angrily glared over at Peter. He pulled his yellow jacket off, forcefully tossing it right at Peter's stomach.