Chapter 1-ChesterWall

Ιt was a fine morning in the small frontier town of Chesterwall. There is nothing to fancy with that small town apart from the  incredible stonewall made by a very famous architect with the best marble and stone of the realm. Change was not fast and dramatic in this town, so the coming of Elladan Ravensoar,a few years ago, along with some of what the citizens thought were his servants really shook things up. Ravensoar and his company moved to a big house in the rich district of the town and quickly managed to renovate the building. Days and days have passed and at last the building was ready Elladan and his followers worked hard for it. Elladan became an active citizen trying always to help the people in need when he had the chance in the town and after a while he was well received by the townsfolk.

One day like any other Elladan was walking by the center of the town waving here and there. At some point just before he finished his everyday walk he went to the blacksmith to place an order. He heard a loud voice shouting and swearing...

-You are useless, I thought I could make something of you but but you are truly useless... You prick

-Oi. said Elladan. What is going on?

-Not much Mr Ravensroar, my apprentice is just a unteachable little pup.

-I am sure this is not the truth Fenimir , Thorngar seems a decent lad ready to help, to my knowledge.

Elladan's eyes followed the apprentice at the back of the store who was working at something his master has ordered him to do. Their eyes crossed for a moment but the blacksmith's voice interrupted the them.

-So Mr Ravensroar what can I do for you?

-Well Fenimir, I want you to make this for me. Ravensroar gave the blacksmith a paper which had a schematic of a weapon.

-I haven't seen that for a while Mr Ravensroar it will take sometime to make it and the materials to make it are going to cost you a fair amount of money.

-Tell me how much Mr Ironhand. Money is not a problem.

Elladan Ravensroar took a medium purse out of his pocket and hand it to the blacksmith.

-I think that would do Fenimir.

-Yes Mr Ravensroar by the time it is done, I
'll send the boy to bring it to your mansion.

-Thank you Fenimir

The smith's apprentice stared at Mr Ravensoar while he had already turned his back and he was moving with a steady pace through the square. The apprentice's stare was interrupted by the blacksmith's slap at the back of his neck.

The next few days passed quietly in the town of Chesterwall, nothing, apart from some tavern fights and the arrival of a bunch of young men , interrupted the quiet and slow change of this frontier town. That was how the things were at the time when Thongar the blacksmith's apprentice was knocking at Mr Ravensroar's big wooden door. Thongar noticed the doorknocker, it striked him as an odd one, it was the moon being penetrated by something that looked like a dagger or a short sword. Usually the doorknockers where like a lion's head or a wolf's head, something that represented the power of the family. Thongar did not have the time to think of that in exited cause the servant of Mr Ravensroar opened, the door.

-Hello young sir how can I help you?

-Good morning... erm... I want to.... I mean I would like to see mr Ravensroar to give him the thing... I mean the weapon he ordered... I am the blacksmith's appentice.

-Well Sir Ravensroar is waiting at his his office, I will lead you there.

The servant led the way and Thongar had his first chance to look into the great mansion of the town. At the first look one could tell that Mr Ravensroar was not just a wealthy man, he was vastly rich. Everything from the ornaments to the great sigil that  was in front of him were made of pure silver or gold. Every blacksmith's apprentice-even a bad one could understand this. The same sigil that it was at the doorknocker was in its full glory over a big fireplace at Mr Ravensroar office next to it there was a big wooden office table with blank papers, ink and some luxurious quills. At almost every wall of the office there were bookcases foul of books from the floor to the ceiling. Mr Ravensroar was nowhere to be found so Thongar browsed the books a little bit. HIs eye was caught by a series of books who were in a dark green cover and gold letters. The first book of the series was called "Elfstan and The establishment of the guild''. Thongar took it in his hands and saw the front cover of the book . There was again the great sigil of the moon being penetrated by a dagger.

-Hello Thongar...

It was Elladan Ravensroar. He came out of nowhere without making any kind of noise.

-Mr Ravensroar sir... I am so sorry that book caught my eyes and...

-Of course I understand the young boy's curiosity. Please have a seat.

-Thank you sir.

-So Thongar you have something for me?

-Yes sir, here you are.

Thongar gave Mr Ravensroar the well covered pack he was carrying which Mr Ironhand had him deliver. Ηe took it gently from the apprentice's hands and with quick moves he unfolded it. It was a small hand crossbow. It was made by both wood and gold and the bolts it had with were made out of pure silver. Thongar had not seen it yet. Mr Ironhand was working late at night on that piece and he did not let him know. There it was again the sigil that it was all around Mr Ravensroar's mansion. Thongar tried to ask something but Mr Ravensroar talked first.

-As I understand that sigil was already caught by your eye.

-Yes sir... I was wondering what it was... Said Thongar looking down to the floor. As slight blush was in his cheeks, he did not want to interfere with mr Ravensroar's business.

-So tell me Thongar what do you know about the Thieve's Guild?

-The thieve's guild? Thongar answered with question.

-Yes the book you were holding was about the establishment of the thieve's guild by Elfstan Farfoot the first Shadow Master.

-Oh THE Thieve's Guild. Well it is kind of a bedtime story to scare the kids that misbehave, none of that is true. Staff of Legend I think Sir. My mother used to tell me stories about the Thieve's Guild , that Is why Elfstan's name got my attention.

-What if I tell you that the Thieve's Guild is completely true, that I am a Shadow Master with the quest to expand the Guild here to this Town and to the land nearby. The guild consists of Beggars who act mostly as spies and of course they earn their upkeep and money by begging. In the case of your town we never had a beggar since till now we never needed to spy on anyone. The next rank are the thieves, we use them in simple and important missions, from stealing a purse to stealing an important heirloom or weapon blueprints. Then the assassins, I believe that is self explanatory. And then the Shadow Masters this is me here, we rule the guild and we are responsible for establishing the guild in the whole realm. Every member of the guild has to earn his position and changes rank through training and trials.

-With all due respect Mr Ravensroar sir... but... no I cannot believe that.

-Follow me .

They both stood up. Mr Ravensroar went to the bookcase that was behind him and picked up a book. He opened it. It was empty inside apart from a small lever that was built in inside. Mr Ravensroar tire the lever around and the bookcase moved and revealed a door made of stone that was already opened. Mr Ravensroar said:

-After you...

Thongar went through the door and followed the stairs that led downstairs...