xx. the bus ride

CHAPTER XX
the bus ride

CHAPTER XXthe bus ride

"FOCUS UP, everyone."

During the long bus ride, Liz was going to be throwing in some practice questions here and there, just to make the road trip more fun, of course.

"Our next topic is the moons of Saturn."

As Liz prepared all of the next questions, Noah had decided to have a word with Peter for a short while.

He was currently sat next to Michelle, who had her nose stuck in a book. He sat up, raising his hand to gently tap Michelle on the shoulder in order to grasp onto her attention.

Michelle didn't even look Noah's way. She just continued reading, but her attention was certainly caught onto by Noah.

"Mhm?" She mumbled.

"Do you mind if I go to the side for a moment?" Noah asked. "I just wanted to talk with someone."

"That's fine with me."

Noah nodded at her response, his lips pressed into a thin line. He forced himself off the seat he was sat on, glancing around in hopes of finding Peter.

Obviously, Peter stood out from the crowd. He was sat all on his own, surprisingly enough. Although, Ned was sat in the seat that was right behind Peter's.

Noah inhaled in a deep breath before approaching the shorter brunet. He tugged at the strings of his hoodie, glancing down at Peter once he had stopped within his tracks.

"Hey, spinne." He greeted.

Peter's head shot up. He looked up at the slightly taller boy, his teeth gently grazing against his bottom lip as his lips tugged into a cute smile.

"Oh, uh, hey, Noah." He nervously cleared his throat.

"I-"

Before Noah could even finish his sentence off, Mr. Harrington had interrupted by snapping his fingers quite aggressively, causing everybody to glance over at him.

"Noah, you're going to have to sit down." He told.

Noah pressed his lips into a thin line before awkwardly smiling. He then raised a hand up, giving Mr. Harrington a slight but quick thumbs up in response.

"Yeah, sorry, sir."

"God. I can't imagine what would happen if this bus crashed while you were standing up. You could die, you know. Your family would probably sue me. My gosh."

After hearing Mr. Harrington's extremely over-exaggerated comment, almost everybody on the bus found it quite funny, some of them even giggling.

Noah shook his head from side-to-side, glancing back down at Peter. His lips tugged into a slight but awkward smile once again, his jaw clenched. He slowly sat right next to Peter.