Brothers Reunited

It took a while but Damon has managed to dig up a pretty big hole now, but he was still going at it with the ax while Bonnie and I watched.

"Hey." Bonnie called out, causing Damon to stop and look up at her.

"You know there's a very probable chance you're digging your own grave, and... not bothered?"

Damon swung at the ground again and finally an opening appeared.

"Looks like I got back just in time." Kai spoke behind me.

Damon sped out of the hole and snatched Kai's backpack, tearing it open and searching what's inside. "Zima, grunge, every Alex Rodriguez rookie card known to man, and a pager. Really?"

"555-Hiya-Kai, no way I'm giving those digits up."

Damon glared at him annoyed, "These are the important supplies you needed to get?"

"Look, the future sounds great, all right?" Kai began to explain. "I'm super excited about the internet, but 1994 has been my home for most of my life. I'd hate to get homesick. So let's get down there-"

"No." Bonnie interrupted, walking over to him. "We are not going anywhere until you show me the spell."

"Okay." He said, not moving an inch.

"Are we literally not going anywhere?" Damon rolled his eyes.

"Fine, you don't want to show me the spell? Then you can do it yourself." Bonnie challenged. "You want my magic." She held out her hand. "Take it."

"Uh-oh, she's being brave." Kai laughed.

"I'm serious Kai! This was your big threat, wasn't it? If I do the spell and let us out of here, you'll just take my magic, leave me for dead, and do the spell yourself. So go ahead. Take all of it."

I couldn't quite figure out what Bonnie was trying to do here. This guy is a sociopath so he'd have no problem in draining all of Bonnie's magic and killing her in the process. That is unless he still needed her. Therefore, I just sat back and watched the show in front of me, wishing I had popcorn on me right now.

"Don't mind if I do." Kai smirked before grabbing onto her shoulders and siphoning her magic.

Bonnie yelped in pain, nearly going limp in Kai's arms.

"Bonnie?" Damon asked cautiously.

"It's okay. He won't kill me."

"Doesn't look like that from here." Damon warned.

Bonnie grunted in pain again.

"Hey! Bonnie." Damon called out. "Whoa, hey, guys. STOP!"

Kai finally released Bonnie with a mischievous smile. Bonnie finally regained her composure as she realized something. "He doesn't know the spell. Which means, we don't need him."

"Motus." She said, reaching her hand up.

Before we could even process what she was doing, the ax went flying into Kai's chest, whose eyes widened as he fell back.

"No! No! Bonnie!" Damon shouted.

I sped over to Bonnie out of anger and grabbed her shoulders, taking her by surprise. "What did you do, Bonnie?!"

Damon grabbed my shoulder and pulled me off, not completely disapproving. "Great work, Bonnie."

-

-

Bonnie sat on top of the dirt pile Damon dug up with the ascendant and a grimiore in front of her while Damon and I were slumped against a tree, sharing the bottle of Kai's Zima.