pt 2: dinner with the neighbours

Y/n pov

As I awoke i felt a hard surface on the side of my head. Ouch! My head ached in pain but as I slowly looked up I realised I had been asleep on Adam Bank's shoulder . He was staring right at me our faces inches apart. He stared at my lips but someone came into the house just in time, it was Mr.Banks. Adam and I quickly pulled away and sat at opposite ends of the couch.

"Y/n! Just the person I need to see" Mr Banks exclaimed "I have a favor to ask. Can you ask your parents for me if you would like to have dinner with us tomorrow?"

"Of course Mr. Banks, I'll get them to call u and give u there answer" I said

"Okay here's our house number"he said passing me the note.

And with that i got up and walked out the door to avoid any eye contact with Adam after what just happened.

As I walked towards my house, I couldn't stop thinking about how close our faces were and then he looked down at my lips, MY LIPS. Ughhh he's so confusing.

Adams Pov

I can't believe we were that close. I've known this girl for a day and I've almost kissed her. I really need to stop myself.

"So son, what did u guys do?"My dad questioned smirking.

" o-oh n-nothing" I said as my voice cracked.

"Nothing?"He asked raising an eyebrow.

"Yep" I said trying to sound more convincing.

"Sure" my dad said sarcastically.

--------------------

As I was laying in bed the phone rang. I ran downstairs to where my brother and my mum were, my mum had already answered the phone.

"Great, can't wait to meet you guys"

" Okay yeah bye."

"Wait!" I yelled at my mum " Can you ask for Y/n" I said calming down from my sudden adrenaline to talk to y/n. I need to tell her something.

"Can y/n come to the phone please."

"Great thanks here you go Adam."

"Hello?" Y/n questioned sounding confused.

"Hey it's Adam. I just wanted to talk." I said" but not on phone wanna meet up now"

"Yeah I guess" she said sounding unsure.

I hung up the phoelne but as I was about to walk out the the door my mother stopped me.

"Where are you going? Dinners almost ready." My mother asked.

"Oh I know where he's going" my brother said smirking. "He going to go talk to his girlfriend"

"Oh shut up Austin, were just friends." I said annoyed. I was so sick and tired of people calling her my girlfriend, I've known her for one day. And she keeps giving me these weird feeling that stay in the pit of my stomach every time I'm with her. I'm going to tell her how i feel.

I walked out the door ignoring my brother's hysterical laughter and waited for y/n to show.

Y/n pov

What did Adam want to talk to me about there could be a thousand things.

As I walked out the door all I could think about was what Adam had to say to me.
And there he was standing outside where out two property's meet, staring straight into my eyes.