morning

Ezra

True to his word, the next morning Vincent's alarm went off at 6AM. It was not unusual for me to wake up so early, my father would expect Alice and I to be up early to cook and clean for him. There was only a slight difference.

I had a 230 pound man laying directly on top of me, who made no indication that he was alive, as the alarm was blaring in the background.

"Vincent." I lightly shook him, but he wouldn't budge, "Vincent, you're smothering me."

He's going to squash me like a grape.

"Vincent!" I shook him a little harder, and he finally started to stir. He slowly got up, turning the alarm off, and I could finally breath again.

Thank you Jesus

He made no move to mention that he was just laying on top of me, almost committing murder in the second, and when the thought of Vincent, big and strong, being a cuddler made me want to laugh, I refrained.

I made my way downstairs, slightly exhausted from the lack of sleep stemming from the fact that that I was an actual wife, a wife to an actual human man.

Wife to the Don, the boss of all the families.

I shook my head and cleared my thoughts, nothing remarkable even happened between Vincent and I last night, besides the fact that he had me in a death grip the whole time.

Even though everyone told me he hated touching, the man loved to cuddle

I made my way into the kitchen and began to search around in the cabinets, until I found the coffee grounds, and made enough coffee for Vincent and I. I then moved on to making him breakfast.

What does he even like to eat?

After looking around for a few minutes, I settled on cheesy eggs, ham and almond butter toast, making a plate for him and sitting it on the counter. I poured myself a cup of coffee and packed him a lunch consisting of a couple sandwiches, chips, some chopped up fruit and veggies. After I was done I sat on the stool, waiting for him to come down.

After a few minutes he came downstairs in a white dress shirt and black pants. He poured himself a cup of coffee too, and leaned against the counter facing me, and began eating his breakfast.

We didn't say anything for a minute, so I decided  to speak first, "I didn't really know what to make you for breakfast or lunch, I'm not sure what you like."

"Anything is fine. The fridge is always fully stocked, and if you want to add anything to the grocery list, write it down and Celia will get it for you."

"Celia?" I questioned.

"She's my housekeeper, cleans and grocery shops for me twice a week."

"Okay."

"Tomorrow, after you've made my food and coffee, you may go back to bed."

"Alright."

He paused for a moment, like he didn't want to ask his question, but asked anyways, "You're not eating breakfast?"

"No, I get sick if I eat too early."

He let out a hum to acknowledge what I had said and continued, "I won't be home until later tonight, you may go anywhere in the house, but you may not leave."

Not even outside? "Why can't I go outside?"

"You may go outside. But you will not go past the gate." He told me, and I didn't say anything, there was no point in arguing with him. I already knew that his limit was farther than my fathers, but I did not want to push the envelope.

"As for your clothes, we will get your own. But you should be fine wearing mine for now." He spoke again after a minute, making me nod in response. He put his plate in the sink, quickly washing it and putting it in the drying rack. He told me a quick goodbye, and I heard him leave the house, leaving me alone.

-

The next morning I got up at six with Vincent laying directly on top of me again. He did not get up easier this time, but when he finally did, he went straight into the bathroom and started his shower.

He's not a morning person, duly noted.

I went down to the kitchen and made us coffee and him breakfast, and packed his lunch.

I knew Vincent had asked me to stay out of his way, and I didn't want to bother him, so after I was done I took my coffee and ventured to the library that I had found the previous day when wandering around the large house.

From my wandering I found that this house had an in-ground swimming pool, which was not opened due to the soon-to-be-over winter season, a media room consisting of a large projector screen with theater chairs, a fully loaded gym, and my personal favorite, a library.

It was a giant room with large floor to ceiling windows, and a couple of couches randomly placed, not often used as there was a light layer of dust on everything. But a library, nonetheless, which made me giddy in excitement.

There was a lot of books to read, most about random topics, but I didn't mind. I liked to read, the genre didn't matter.

I was sitting on the floor reading for hours, and when I finally looked out the windows, it was pitch black outside. I had only left the room a few times, twice to use the restroom, and once to make some pasta from the kitchen. I randomly saw security guards wandering around at different parts of the day, but didn't see much movement other than that. I heard Vincent walk in the house about an hour back, but made no move to greet him.

He directly told me he wanted me to stay out of his way, so out of his way I'll stay.

•••