57

but he let it all happen, you both knew that there was no going back now.

without a word, you made your decision and rushed your arm downwards while pointing at the gnosis on the floor.

in a mere second you saw three powerful streaks of lightning descending from the dark purple sky, your pyro delusion made additional streaks of pyro swirl into each of the electro streaks.

as if time slowed down, you could see it all unfold right in front of your eyes. the moment the electro-pyro streaks made contact with the powerful gnosis was when you saw a bright white light emit from it, along with a heavy shockwave.

the streaks of lightning hit the gnosis as well as the ground beneath it since the object was not that big. the floor around the gnosis shattered into pieces and flew around due to the impact.

the wave blew you off your feet in an instant, you flew several meters away from the spot you were staying before.

while mid air, you could already feel the pain of the big shockwave that hit you, the bright light that was emitted also blinded you, therefore you had no idea where you were falling.

all power from the gnosis got released at once, giving the aftermath of the explosion a thick fog spreading throughout the whole room.

not only that, but the explosion also caused an immensely loud impact, causing you a high pitched ringing in both your ears.

now with two of your senses dulled, you were flying backwards through the air, your hair sprawled in the air, your mouth slightly opened from the impact and your eyes closed due to the light.

it didnt take too long before your back harshly hit the cold floor of the golden house. the fall was hard and pushed the air out of your lungs when you made contact with the ground.

you gasped for air when you fully landed, now laying on your back you could see the clouds slowly change to their normal dark color.

the entire act made you have a headache, 'is it finally all over?' you questioned to yourself. with all the strength you had at that moment you tried to sit up.

your entire body hurted, but what hurted most was your back since you landed roughly, you couldnt simply just sit up.

you turned your body to lay on your stomach and pressed both your palms on the floor while you pushed yourself up little by little.

your hair covering your face in messy streaks as your head hung low while sitting up, the explosion was truly powerful.

ignoring the pain from the impact, you pushed your knees forward in your position and finally sat up, placing both feet flat on the floor with your palms facing downwards slightly behind you.

the first thing while coming back to most of your senses was scanning the entire room for him.

but there was no trace of the red haired male, you tilted your head left and right and tried to look anywhere in hopes of finding him, despite the thick fog that was formed.

your breathing was heavy and you were extremely close to shutting your eyes and fainting, the adrenaline rush started slowing down, making you more aware of all the cuts and wounds you got during the fight and explosion.

with your eyes half lidded and blurry vision you continued to scan the room, and there you finally saw the shadow of who you were looking for.

since he already had a safe distance, he could still freely walk, but he too got harmed by the impact. his coat was teared up and there were several cuts in his legs, from the flying debris.

you could barely make out his outline due to the fog, but he came closer and closer, almost as if he was running.

and before you knew it, you saw two arms reaching out for you. he fell to the floor to where you were and wrapped both his arms around you. his warmth immediately engulfing you.

he pushed you into his embrace, one of his arms around your waist and the other around your shoulders, pushing you against him.

with both your chests touching and his chin hovering besides your ear, he spoke up in the softest tone, "you have showed me enough." he said while you were still conscious.

his warm breath tickled the shell of your ear, you realized what he said and your the corners of your mouth automatically curled upwards.

he gave you another chance. and you succeeded.

and with that, you let the pain overtake your body, closing your eyes looked never that peaceful. your consciousness slowly drifted away as you fell into a deep slumber.