Chapter 15

Jungkook snuck out early from Maddy's again. She grabbed his shirt and gave her half asleep version of "stay" even though she knew he had to go. He again kissed her forehead, "I will see you at school, Sweetness." 

Both Maddy and Jungkook had become totally reliant on each other. They had both separately acknowledged to themselves that they wanted to be with the other all the time. But they hadn't discussed their relationship at all.

---

Maddy was standing in front of her locker before the first bell chatting with a group of students that surrounded her. Jungkook came up behind her and embraced her in a back hug. He pressed a kiss onto the top of her head and said, "Good morning, Sunshine! Long time, no see," as he gave his bunny smile.

Maddy laughed and blushed a little. She reached up and rubbed his arms that were around her shoulders. "Morning Kookie." She was not going to acknowledge out loud that she had last been with him only a few hours earlier. 

Maddy continued with her conversations while Jungkook continued hugging on her. The students talking to Maddy were shocked. They had never seen this Jungkook before. Tae was surprised also, he chatted with the group for a few minutes but kept looking at Jungkook to see if he was okay.

Jimin was pissed. He saw Jungkook's interaction with Maddy and his jaw dropped. Hadn't they talked about Jungkook distancing himself from Maddy? What the hell is he thinking? Jungkook obviously wasn't listening to his older brother. Jimin avoided looking at the two of them again and left to walk down the hall.

Maddy and Jungkook's new closeness was a bit of a shock for all the students at their high school. Jungkook had never had a girlfriend. But seeing him smiling and holding hands with Maddy confirmed, in their minds, that these two were dating. 

Most of the girls at the school were thrilled with this new development because they thought, as soon as Jungkook is tired of Maddy, then they would have a chance with him next. They also enjoyed the sight of him smiling so much. But there were some girls that were jealous and angry that Maddy had accomplished in a week, what they had been trying to do for years. She had moved in and quickly stolen someone who, in their minds, belonged to them. Maddy seemed oblivious to the handful of girls that glared at her as she walked down the hall.

The first part of the day passed quickly. Maddy got a C+ on her quiz in PreCalc which Maddy was so happy about. But Jungkook felt a little bad because he thought she would at least get a B. He, of course, aced the quiz.

Their timeline was submitted in History and Mr. Lee specifically hung up Maddy and Jungkook's timeline in the front middle of the room and praised it several times. "Class, Ms. Lee and Mr. Jeon have submitted one of the best timelines I've seen in my career of teaching. If you haven't had a chance to see it, please come on up and take a look." Jungkook's drawings made it look more like art, than a timeline. It was beautiful. 

They started doing relay races in PE and Maddy was glad for the running to help her get in shape for soccer. Then they were off to lunch.

In the cafeteria, Maddy dropped by Jungkook's table to say hello. Tae greeted her warmly but the animosity from Jimin was palpable. "You can't sit here Princess. Go sit with your friends. Go on." When everyone gave him a surprised look for his hostility he tried defending himself. "What? It is Jungkook's rule! He always says she can't sit here!"

Tae was still giving Jimin a surprised look, "And you can't tell that things have changed today? Read the room, Jimin."

Maddy got up and went over to sit by Jimin. She looked him in the eyes and gave him a kind look. He glared back. "What changed Jimin? We had such fun dancing on Friday night."