58

your slumber didnt feel as long as it was, you started waking up but you didnt have enough energy to open your eyes just yet. all you could hear were some unfamiliar voices around you.

"... and thats why i warned you about her." you heard a voice say, it was evident that this was the voice of a woman.

another voice spoke up as well, "its a test subject, we can always make new ones." the male said, while he empathized the word 'test'.

"i will make her pay." another man spoke up in an aggressive tone. he continued as he let out a scoff, "and she knew damn well we were collecting those things." he said and let out a heavy sigh.

slowly but surely, you could feel energy surging through your body as you came back to your senses, your eyebrows furrowed in the slightest bit, ready to wake up.

"oh would you look at that." someone commented as you were trying to wake up.

your eyes opened in the slightest bit, immediately being blinded by a bright white light, it reminded you of the explosion. but unlike that, it was simply just a bright lamp hanging right above you. but it didnt feel real.

you blinked several times, trying to see what the outlines were which you were seeing, 'its... people?' you thought to yourself as you could roughly make out some heads.

one of the people moved, folding their arms in front of their chest as they spoke up, "hurry up." they said impatiently.

your eyes fully opened as you ignored the previous remark, and you knew immediately where you were.

its as if your worst nightmare came true.

there you were, laying down on a bed while the eleven other harbingers of the fatui were looking down at you, observing every single move you made.

and that while you just destroyed the gnosis.

it was silent, no one dared to say a word. you were panicking and your mind was a mess once again, you didnt know what they would do to you. all you knew is that your next years would be hellish.

your eyes were widened and your breathing became irregular, you swallowed the lump that was forming in your throat from all the anxiety and tried to keep calm, but to no avail.

instinctively, you tried to move and get out of that place, even if you had zero chances of escaping.

you raised both your arms, but were stopped immediately. it was only then when you noticed that your wrists were held into place by two heavy, cold metal handcuffs which were tied to the rails of the bed you were in.

not believing that they tied you up even before you woke up, you looked downwards to your arms in shock, your eyes confirming your thoughts.

the same thing applied for your feet, they were tied up with the same silver metal as well. you had nowhere to run.

"its time." you heard a woman speak up, now with your vision fully restored you quickly looked where the voice came from and saw it was from your familiar fellow harbinger.

signora calmly moved her gaze from you to something behind you as she tilted her head up. she immediately straightened her stance and bowed.

the other harbingers noticed her behavior and looked over to where she looked, they all copied her while taking a step away from you, to make place besides you.

you could hear footsteps nearing you but you couldnt look since the person was nearing you from the side of the top of your head. all you could do was wait.

"situation?" you heard an icy voice speak up. your eyes widened, you remembered that voice too well. it was the first voice you ever heard, your savior from the abyss, the person who gave you your home in the fatui.

the room was silent once again, untill the first harbinger spoke up, "she is awake, your majesty." he said without daring to make eye contact with her. he kept his head low as he bowed.

her highness didnt say anything afterwards, you could only hear her footsteps nearing you from behind while still laying down.

it was as if you waited for an eternity for her to show herself, every second felt felt horrible, you had messed up badly.

and there she was, she looked down to you and you looked up to her. staring into her light blue icy eyes which seemed to illuminate light by themselves.

her stare made you shaken up, as if you were experiencing a snowstorm indoors. you didnt have any time to observe her, its been years since you last saw her.

she intended to end things quickly. she opened her mouth and spoke up, "i will be taking back what is mine." she said in a soft but powerful tone.

you didnt have any time to realize what was going on, she stretched her had to let it hover right above your face and spread her fingers.

her fingertips glowed a bright light blue, the color of her nation. she didnt even touch you yet but you felt incredibly cold simply from the power in her fingertips.

she lowered her hand, slowly, to make sure you could take it all in. she was nearing your eyes. she got closer with every second that passed, and you could see less as it blocked more and more of your sight.

and with the last second, she placed her entire hand on your face. now unable to see anything, you felt an incredible amount of power in your body. it was too much for you to handle.

you opened your mouth, ready to scream since every cell of your body was in immense pain, but you couldnt scream.

instead, you gasped or air and opened your eyes fully.

ignoring the new blinding lights, you noticed something immediately.

you were not in the fatui headquarters anymore.

it was just a dream.

you propped yourself up with your elbows from your new bed, your breathing was heavy, you were genuinely scared.

but as expected. betraying your organization behind their back surely messed your mind up, nightmares were inevitable.

you looked around you while sitting up and recognized the room in an instant. it was the residence you rented in liyue with diluc, aether and paimon.

your eyes fell on the window besides the bedside, it was light outside, maybe around four in the evening. trying to calm down from your nightmare, you took several deep breaths.

suddenly you heard the door handle go down, your gaze immediately shifting from the window to the door. and there you saw the familiar blonde boy stand in the door opening with a soft expression on his face.

he was holding a tray with medication and drinks, ready to give you medication for your wounds while he thought you were still asleep. aether spoke up, "welcome back, y/n." he said with a smile.