➪ THREE

My shift is over around six so I gather my bag and load it and myself into my small car

My shift is over around six so I gather my bag and load it and myself into my small car. The drive home is nearly as short as it's always been, being that I didn't stay too far away from my place of work. I take my bag inside of my tiny apartment, throwing it and myself onto the couch as I fetch for my phone. I dial my mother. She has got to hear this shit.

"Sienna?" Her voice is soft and soothing as she answers the other line.

I only roll my eyes. "Guess who appeared at my job today" I could hear her sigh in unknowness as she tried to guess a bit.

"Hmm. Johnny Depp?" I giggle a bit at her words. Although this would be nice, someone else appeared.

"The owner from the restaurant" I tell her and she lets out an audible gasp. "Yep" I confirm. "Says he was there to see me".

"How did he know that's where you worked?".

Her question takes me back for a second. How did he know that's where I worked? "I didn't ask. Although maybe I should have. It's a bit weird" I tell her.

"Maybe it's not. I mean you're a simple woman Sienna".

"So all women work at bookstores?" I ask and she tells me no, an answer I already knew. "It was weird. I was stocking and he just appeared out of nowhere" I say.

"And what did he want?".

"Said he wanted to go for coffee tomorrow. But I didn't quite get the part where we would go because someone called him. He is a busy man" I repeat his words from earlier.

She hums. "Well is there any way you can get in touch with him? Did he give you a number or anything" I sigh at her question and it's as if she already knows. "Well if you don't show up tomorrow he'll maybe come to your job again?" She talks with slight uncertainty but I only assure her.

"It's what he said. But a busy guy like him doesn't have that kind of time? I'm sure he has plenty of things to do" I say, standing up and bringing myself into my room where I free myself of my shoes, placing them neatly into the closet.

"Maybe he does if he made time to come to your job. How long was he there?".

"Maybe short of five minutes" I tell her and she hums.

"I'm sure he'll turn up. Any coffee shop near the place where you work? Try going there" she tells me and I shake my head.

"The next coffee shop is maybe half a mile away, and I don't think it's anything he'll go to. He seems too rich to want to go to some small place" I try my hardest not to make assumptions about him but it's difficult not to.

Why would someone like him even bother going near a place like the ones surrounding us?

"Well if you flake he may get the wrong idea" I sigh as the ends come to a mean. Of course.