Chapter 18 - Everyone has their Limit

Votes are appreciated, they keep the story alive.

Virgil came out of the bathroom, nervously looking around for Damien but the room was empty. He was relieved, he needed time to get a grip on his emotions. He was wrapped up nice and snug in one of the hotel's soft white dressing robes and felt a lot more comfortable than half dressed in track pants. The pain in his chest was gone and his brain had cleared. Still, everything about tonight was a nightmare and he wished he could be anywhere else but here. He sat on the edge of the bed and continued to dry his hair, it was a long process and gave him time to think.

He wasn't alone for long, Damien came in pushing a table trolley. They exchanged glares, both uneasy. "I've got coffee and sandwiches if you're hungry." There was aplastic bag on the trolley as well.

"I'll clean up your wounds once you're finished. Paul thought you would need these." Damien pulled toothpaste, a toothbrush and a hair brush from the plastic bag and placed them on the bed beside Virgil. He became tense the closer he got to him. He poured himself a coffee and sat in a armchair near the window quietly watching Virgil run the brush through his hair. It was a magnificent mane, thick, wavy, flowing like silk over his pale skin. Damien tried to clear his mind of thoughts like that. He told himself he was here to talk to Virgil calmly, convince him that he needed to come back temporarily to the pack so that the bond could be severed completely, properly this time. It would end his torture, stop his mind and soul from unravelling. He was envious of Virgil who seemed oblivious that they were still somehow connected.

Virgil finished combing his hair and braided it quickly. He desperately wanted a coffee and sandwich but didn't dare move. "I'll clean your wounds." Damien got up and sat behind him on the bed. He instantly felt his nerve endings start to tingle. He poured out the remaining contents of the plastic bag. "Pull down the robe." He said quietly. He couldn't smell human on Virgil anymore. Now it was all Virgil's, his sweet scent, the clean smell of shampoo and soap, it made him tremble.

Virgil didn't move, the fear and loathing made his empty stomach churn uncomfortably. He felt Damien's hands around the collar of the robe pulling it back and down to his waist, his braid hung over his shoulder and left to fall into his lap. Damn it, he was half naked again and feeling vulnerable. Damien carefully applied cream to each small wound, first one arm then the other. Virgil was controlling his breath, tensing every muscle against the soft touch of his fingers. He hated the man but something inside him couldn't help but get excited at the touch of those gentle fingers and the presence of a large warm body so close to him.

Damien wrapped the gauze bandage around his arms and secured them with a small clip. It was done and he reached for the robe to pull it back up. His hands hung in mid air as his eyes ran over Virgil's long neck, down the smooth pale skin of his back, the taut muscles, the curve of his waist. In all the visions he had , the glimpses of the boy that came and went, he had always seemed an ethereal beauty and here he was in the flesh. Just one kiss wouldn't hurt, just one small kiss. He leaned closer to Virgil, he could feel him tense but he didn't move away. He hoped he would and save him from doing something stupid.

He gently kissed between his shoulder blades. He tasted so good. Damien licked the same small spot and blew on it, making Virgil involuntarily shiver. Surely, this was just one innocent moment he could have to make up for all the pain he had felt the last two years. For a moment he rested his cheek on Virgil's warm, soft skin...it was bliss. He would have stepped back, satisfied with that brief intimacy, if at that point Virgil hadn't whimpered. The simple, intense sound lit a bon fire in the pit of his stomach sent a raging heat to his cock. His wolf was howling in his head.

In one movement he was kneeling in front of Virgil, looking up at him. His face wasn't full of hate as he'd expected. The boy was a man now, slim but beautifully muscled, his skin so smooth, strangely hairless, like silk. Damien's eyes took in every inch, every line of Virgil, for the first time in person and not through Virgil's eyes in mirrors or photos, or reflected in his lover's eyes.

He realised at that moment what a terrible mistake it had been coming here. But still he wanted to see all of him at least once. He'd watched, as others had taken him and had been ripped apart by jealousy and rage. Damien went to untie the belt on the robe but Virgil stopped him. His eyes wide with confusion. They looked at each other, both lost in their own thoughts. Damien continued to pull on the sash, then opened the robe. Virgil was naked only inches away from him and he couldn't moved or take his eyes off of him. He was real. The boy was perfect in every way. Damien laid his hands on Virgil's warm trembling thighs almost expecting him to vanish, the way the visions and images of him, had so many times before. Instead, Virgil's head suddenly flew back, a painful burning spark ran up his back. He arched his back, lifting his hips his legs falling open.  It was the most shockingly erotic sight and Damien groaned fighting back the urge to take the boy.

The invitation was impossible to ignore. Damien's heart pounded so hard against his chest it felt like it was going to explode. He watched as the Virgil grew hard and the throbbing vein in Virgil's groin pulsed, he could hear it, he could feel it, throbbing with life blood. He pounced before he realised what he was doing. Damien's fangs dropped and he held back just long enough to control the amount of pressure of his bite on Virgil's femoral artery. Then his fangs popped the skin gently and he let the blood flow. Virgil let out a long shrill howl that drained his lungs of air and every strained every muscle. Damien sucked and licked hard on the small wounds until the flow ran dry. Virgil fell back on the bed gasping for breath, pale, shaking so violently he looked like he was having a seizure, his eyes rolling back in his head. Then he went limp.

......

Paul rushed in worried that the boy had defied Damien again and had received a punishment he couldn't handle. Instead he found Damien leaning over the unconscious naked boy, his fangs dropped and covered in blood.