Chapter 43

"Pancchi Banu udti phiru mast gagan me
Aaj me aazaad hu duniya ke chaman me"

Abhimanyu was trying hard to control his laughter and his wife. That woman drank two glasses of white wine with a fat loaded meal and she was drunk! How was it possible, was beyond Abhimanyu!

" Abhi, aap bhi gaao na!" ( Abhi, you also sing please!) She gave him her classic puppy eyes.

It took a lot of restraint on his side to say no. He had to stay sober for her. He had to take her safely back to the hotel.

The thing was after they exited the restaurant, Anisha wanted to dance and before Abhimanyu could catch her she had ran off to a direction where she thought the music was playing. Thankfully, she was not hit by any car and he caught her in time.

But to his horror they were near the sea shore and far from the hotel. Now he had to maneuver this drunk beauty back to hotel and to top it off he couldn't spot a single taxi.

"Kitne boring ho aaaaap yaaaaaar! Zindagi barbaad ho gayi meri itneeee borriiiingggg aaadmiiiii se shaaaadi karke!"  ( You are sooo boring! My life is ruined, I got married to a boring man!) Anisha wiped her imaginary tears.

Abhimanyu looked at her with mouth agape. He was boring! She thought that! " Anisha?"

" Kon Anisha? Me to Jaan hu!" ( Who Anisha? I'm Jaan!) She shouted at him.

Abhimanyu chuckled, " Accha thik hai, Jaan chalo. Waha tumhara dance club hai." ( Ok fine, Jaan see there is your dance club.)

" Dance? Dance! Yay!" Anisha gave him a hundred megawatt smile.

For a minute there he was blinded by the smile and she slipped again!

" Hey Bhagwan! Ye kaha fas gaya me!" ( Oh god! Where am I stuck!) He looked at the sky and after recieving no semblance of help from the almighty he followed his wife.

She was walking or more like stumbling towards the area he pointed at.

The cars on the crossing were at a faster speed  and she was drunk out of her mind! He hurried over and grabbed her hand before she crossed.

She looked at him and smiled.

He sighed in relief and put his arm around her.

They crossed the road and he guided her towards the hotel.

" Ye konsa club hai?" ( What club is this?) she asked as they entered the hotel lobby.

" Me le jaata hu chalo..." ( I'm taking you there, come on.)

Anisha allowed Abhimanyu to drag her wherever the club was and he expertly guided them inside the room. He breathed a sigh of relief after locking the doors.

Anisha turned around once, twice. "Abhimanyu, dance?" She pouted.

He smiled and pulled her hand leading them out in the balcony overlooking the lagoon. She looked around the balcony and shouted, " Gaanaaaaaaa?" ( Song?)

He nodded and played a few songs on his phone.

His wife jumped in excitement and started dancing.

He chuckled. She was definitely a happy person when drunk.

After a couple of songs she saw him sitting and staring at her. She smiled and grabbed his hand, pulling him to her.

" Aap waha akeleeee kyu baithe hoooo?" ( Why were you sitting alone?)

" Aur me yaha akeleeee kyu dance karuuuuu? Company do muje aap. " ( Why was I dancing alone? Give me company.) She slurred and ordered.

Abhimanyu chuckled and followed suit. They danced and danced.

After a while, she was thirsty and opened a new bottle of wine. She gulped half of its contents and shoved the other half in her husband's mouth.

Abhimanyu became tipsy too and they both danced the whole night.

The phone died off in the middle and they sang and danced.

" Ab meri chance!" ( Now it's my turn!) Abhimanyu said.

Anisha nodded awaiting the music.

" Jab pyaar kiyaa to darnaaa kya,
Pyaar kiyaa koi chori nahi..."

Anisha joined in and together they slurred the song.

" Meri baari!
Aaj me upar aasmaaan neeche,
Aaj me aage zamana hai peeche!"

She danced to the peppy retro tune.

They had the most amazing night of their time together.

It was fun, unexpected, full of dance and untuned songs.

As the dawn approached the tired couple yawned and slipped inside their bedroom. They drifted to sleep as soon as their heads hit the pillow.

Next morning they woke up by eleven. Sorry, Anisha's painful groans woke up Abhimanyu.

He looked at her to see her clutching her head. She has a hangover, he concluded.

Sighing he got up and brought a Paracetamol from his bag.

With a glass of water, he offered her the medicine.

With no exchange of words she gulped the medicine and slipped back into bed.

Abhimanyu shaked his head and went inside the bathroom to freshen up.

After he came out, he saw Anisha was awake and had put his phone on charge. She had her clothes ready for the day.

" Are we going somewhere?" He asked her.

She was drinking her coffee when he asked that. " Yes. I think we should go out and freshen up. I need a change of air."

" It's the hangover, Jaan."

" Hangover? Aisa hota hai?" ( Is this how it is?)

" Haaa. You will feel better after bath and some food." ( Yes)

She smiled at him and proceeded to take her bath.

After bath she was dressed in a beautiful sundress and Abhimanyu offered to look at a few tourist spots.

She agreed.

That is how they spent the whole day going around Venice.