43. Priority

Nandini sat at the same place resting her back to the door and cried hugging her knees. Unaware of the hours she spent there, unknown feeling of losing him and many other fears in her mind, she rested her head on her knees with dried tears.

While she was lost in his thoughts, Manik's condition was no less. He spoke his heart out when his parents asked him about the rumors but even he didn't expect them to ask Cabir to meet Nandini. It was Cabir's move to inform him about his parents wish to meet Nandini that too without Manik's knowledge and Manik agreed saying that he will stay on call till the time they leave her place.

What he didn't expect was Nandini's thought process. He knew she loves him like no one else and trusts him beyond anything. After all that happened between them, right from his proposal to their intimacy, he didn't have any slightest idea that she is waiting for him to re-think his decision, the decision he made so strong for the first time in his life.

Few hours passed, he wiped his tears, broke the chain of thoughts and decided that he should convey his answers to her questions that she has buried deep in her heart. He shouldn't be late and lack of communication shouldn't be the reason for the start of their misunderstanding and so called her.

She quickly wiped her face and smiled a little before answering his video call.

"Heyy" He tried to be normal.

"Hello..." She said looking at his face and frowned before asking "Aap thik ho...?? Why your eyes are red...??"

"Umm...Early morning shoot tha...Couldn't sleep well..." He replied rubbing his eyes but didn't question her the same though her eyes were also the same. He didn't want to make her lie, that too after him knowing the truth that she cried.

"Ohh...Eat something and take rest na..." She said and stood to take a seat on the couch.

"Yeah...I was just rehearsing a scene for next shoot..." He replied.

"Ohh...Nice...What else...?? When will you be back...??" She asked.

"May be another 3 weeks...Wo chodo...You don't want to know what scene I was rehearsing...??" He asked.

"You know na...I will always want to see it directly on big screen..." She said with a smile obviously that didn't reach her eyes.

He nodded but continued "But listen...This is actually challenging...Like the hero here, loves the heroine, but will not tell it out, like you..."

She gasped in shock and he continued "Seeing her friend's love sick condition, heroine's friend confronts the hero and he says he is giving her time to rethink her decision...She just passed out from college and got stuck at him and didn't think of seeing any other choices..."

Nandini gulped on hearing what Manik said but he skillfully managed to explain it like his movie scene and said "I didn't like this actually..."

"Kyun...??" She asked slowly.

"Arey what kyun...?? Doesn't a person know what he or she likes and wants in life...!? If they are confident in their decision, why to ask them to rethink...Like...Look at me...I know what I want...I know how much I love you...What's the need to think again...!?" He said looking at her.

"What's wrong in that...?? You shouldn't regret in future thinking that you have taken a hasty decision..." Nandini said unknowingly turning it into their discussion.

Manik chuckled before answering "Hasty decision...?? Seriously...?? Do you really think I'll do that...?? That too about you...?? Nandu listen...For example, you know na how I wished my life partner to be...apart from other qualities, I wished a girl like a foodie, traveler, much knowledge about fashion, following latest trends and all... Do you think I haven't come across such girls in my entire adulthood...!?? and do you think I wasn't aware that you are nothing near to that when I proposed you...?? I knew na...you are not a foodie, doesn't have wish to travel like me, just wears what's comfortable for you and not into following trends and others...Don't we have differences in our opinions...?? But still I love you na...!? Why would I regret when I made my decision according to my wish...!? When I myself want you to be the one and only option for me and not the choice out of many, why will I rethink...??"

Nandini tried processing all his words while he took a breath and continued "See...I know you always wished for a simple life, a normal 9-5 working person, retirement plan, kids, traveling to nearby places once in a year and all but even after knowing that is not the life you are going to get from me, you loved me...You love me right...??"

Manik's desperate eyes pierced her heart and she gulped down her tears. He blinked rapidly to stop his tears from rolling down and looked at her. All he wanted was a simple nod in yes from her for his question but she looked at him with those lovely eyes making it difficult for him.

"Suniye" She called out and he looked at her hoping that she would answer.

"Come soon...I'm waiting..." She said giving him another hope and he smiled closing his eyes in assurance before cutting the call.

After few minutes, her phone beeped with a message from him:

'They say 'be one and only option and not a choice'...But, you are neither an option nor a choice...YOU ARE MY PRIORITY.'

Ignore mistakes...

Guys...Chill...Take a break...Where will I go to update if you guys keep finishing the target just within 3 hrs...Overwhelmed with your love towards this story...

Coming back to Nandini's reason: As expected, few understood and few found it silly. Difference of opinions. Not bad. But yeah, the question I have got to answer was 'Why can't she tell Manik and why did she take the relation to next level without telling this out?'

Fare enough question. So, If she conveys this to Manik, obviously he tries to console her and that could never subside her insecurities. That will always be comforting words from him. That will be a normal conversation. 

Nandini is a girl of actions and never expresses. That's the main reason, she understood Manik without words. 

Coming to taking their relation to next level, like she said, she will never regret doing anything with him and just holding the door open for him if he ever wishes to leave and indirectly saying that she will not stop him.

Hope I have made things clear...Do drop your views...

 As usual, 150 comments for next update...Take your time and give me some time...Aaram se...Please...:P