Chapter 3

Ryder's POV

I can't believe he almost did that. I can't believe I almost lost him before I ever got him.

My grip on him tightens. I'm too scared to let him go in case he tries to reject me again.

I've waited months for my mate, there's no way I'm going to lose him now. I will admit I was shocked when I made eye contact with Elias in the canteen when I smelt the most addictive smell I've ever smelt before. I didn't realise he was my mate until he had left the canteen taking away the intoxicating smell with him.

But rejecting him never crossed my mind. Despite him being the Beta of my rivalry pack.

"This can't be happening," Elias mumbles into my hand which nearly covered half his face. I take my hand away leaving it close by in case he tries to reject me again.

"Well it is happening, so believe it," I respond, still slightly shaken up by him almost tearing away our bond.

"How can you be so calm!" He looks up at me shocked. "I'm Silas' Beta. Your rivalry," he informs me as if I didn't know already.

"Now you're mine, my mate, my Luna," I tell him.

Elias shoves me away from him as if my touch burned him. "No, I'm Silas' Beta. I'm not yours." He goes to walk around me towards the door but I quickly grab hold of his wrist not allowing him to leave me yet. "Let go of me," he warns threateningly, which made him look adorable but I wouldn't say that out loud unless I wanted him to cut my dick off.

Edmund - Say it. My wolf taunts me.

Instead, I ignore both my wolf and my mate and push Elias' back onto the door holding both his wrists above his head so he cannot move. I bring my lips close to his own, making his breath hitch, before moving it close to his left ear. "No," I tell him as he struggles to get free from my grip.

His smell is so addicting, it makes me want to mark him right here, right now.

Edmund - Mark him. Edmund says in my head while smirking to himself.

Not yet dumbass.

I bite Elias' ear lobe making Elias let out a shaky breath in response. I slowly kiss his jaw and down his neck. I know I'm at his sweet spot when he releases a small moan. Oh, how that sound turned me on.

Taking my time, I kiss and suck on his sweet spot, the spot that I will soon mark, leaving a hickey in its spot. Elias' breathing becomes more uneven and deeper as I continue my assault.

I move my knee in between his thighs rubbing his hard-on. "Ry— Ryder," Elias moans my name in submission which makes my own cock twitch in excitement.

Releasing his wrists, my hands find their way to his ass as I lift him up, making Elias wrap his legs around my waist. He grinds his hard on to my own, releasing another moan, making my breath hitch.

He quickly finds my sweet spot on my neck and sucks at it while we grind on each other. I squeeze his perfect ass resulting in another sweet moan from Elias.

I'm about to go further until Elias realises what we were doing. He quickly pushes himself off me, unlocks the bathroom door and runs out. Leaving me hot and bothered in the bathroom alone.

*

Elias' POV

I can't believe I just did that!

I can't believe I allowed Ryder Ascota to touch me, kiss me, even grind on me! Okay maybe I was the one doing the grinding, but still! He started it which makes it his fault.

Immediately after running out on Ryder, I make my way to the boy's locker room next to the gym. Thank god lunch was still going so no one saw me rush into the locker room red face and with a raging boner which still hasn't died down. Like buddy, you ain't getting anything, especially not from Ryder so you can leave but, no of course not.

I walk over to my locker to get a change of clothes and a towel before I make my way to the showers so I'm able to rid the scent of Ryder off of me. I knew I could just use deodorant or spray to get rid of the stench but I couldn't take any chances. No one could know Ryder was my mate. Especially not Silas. So of course I opted for a shower.

Standing under the cold water willing my hard on to disappear I can't help but think of Ryder, my mate. That felt weird to say.

Never did I imagine in a million years my mate would be Ryder Ascota. The enemy of Silas and my pack.

Not only is he my enemy, but also a guy! I didn't even know I was into males!

I hop out of the shower bewildered at the fact that Ryder Ascota is my mate. Standing in front of the mirror, looking at my reflection, I notice the massive hickey on my neck.

Tobias - good luck hiding that one.

Not helping Tobias! What the fuck do I do.

Tobias - Not much you can do. Try hiding it, if that doesn't work deny it or come up with an excuse.

Internally, I groan at my misery. fuck me.

*

The bell rings signalling the end of lunch as I make my way towards my locker, trying to avoid Ryder at all costs. As well as Silas and Kai, hoping they don't find out that I found my mate or spot the hickey on my neck.

"Hey, where have you been?" Silas calls out from behind me. Fuck. "You didn't come back to lunch?"

Shit, "uh... I wasn't hungry and needed to talk to one of the teachers about my work." I come up with an excuse.

"You," Silas says pointing at me, "not hungry... you?" He asks giving me a weird face.

"Yeah?" I state more as a question than a statement. Luckily, Silas shrugs to himself with a sigh dropping the topic. He looks over at me again until something catches his attention on my neck.

Silas squits his eyes trying to get a better look, "Is that a hickey?" he asks, pointing to my neck.

Before I can come up with an excuse, Kai hollers at me. "YO Elias!" he yells from my locker which he's already leaning against. "Why didn't you come back to lunch loser?"

I groan internally wishing for this topic to subside, "I wasn't hungry," I lie.

Kai looks between Silas and me weirdly. "You, Elias Sage, were not hungry," he states in disbelief.

"Hey, that's what I said," Silas agrees with Kai immediately forgetting the conversation we were just having, thankfully.

"Ugh, why is it so crazy to believe?" I groan out loud.

"Because you're never not hungry," the two of them say at the same time.

The pair look over at each other, "jinx," they immediately say at the same time, making each other laugh.

"Shut up," I mumble, rolling my eyes at the pair of them as I open my locker, getting my books for the next class.

While pulling my textbook out, a note falls down catching my attention.

Meet me in the woods between our packs at 11 pm. - R

Hastily I scrunch up the note and look over my shoulder to ensure neither Silas nor Kai saw it. Luckily the pair were too busy wrestling each other in the hallway causing everyone around them to avoid running into them.

Rolling my eyes, I put the scrunched up note into my pocket and shut my locker loudly signalling to the two toddlers to stop their wrestling.
————————————————————————
If you liked this chapter, please consider voting :)