We are colleagues, aren't we?

The days seemed to pass quickly and there were no more complaints against Sun. That Thursday evening, Y/n had just arrived at the daycare to start her night shift. They arrived early, so they could greet their energetic friend before starting their shift.

Y/n arrived at the daycare and looked around, searching for Sun. When they found him, he was trying to reorder the mess that the children had made during the day, muttering to himself something about those children's lack of discipline. There were toys all over the floor.

At first Sun didn't see Y/n and he noticed them only when he saw them kneeling beside him, while helping him to tidy up the place.

"Why hello, my friend! I didn't hear you coming!" He greeted them happily. "But… what are you doing?"

"I'm helping you tidy up this place, you dummy. We are colleagues, aren't we?"

Those words made Sun think. No one else had ever volunteered to help him. Well, no one had actually helped him before. Why was this person so kind to him? A few weeks earlier he was just a little-liked animatronic who couldn't keep the kids calm. Y/n is the only person who treats him nicely… and only because they don't know what happens when the lights go out. If they found out, would they still be nice to a monster? Would they still call him a friend? Luckily, there had been no more accidents since Y/n arrived here. Sun triste Y/n and wanted to warn her about what those complaints were actually about, but at the same time he was afraid of her reaction. He didn't want to be alone again.

"Yes, we are, but you still have to check out the entire Mega Pizzaplex. I can reorder the daycare by myself!"

"Mhm, I know you can. But can you convince me to go too?" They said in a challenging tone.

Sun looked at them for a few seconds before lifting Y/n up and taking them effortlessly to the daycare exit.

"SUN! THE HECK, PUT ME DOWN!" Said Y/n, trying not to laugh.

"Nope, you asked for it!" When he arrived at the exit, Sun put Y/n down gently. "Now you'll just do your part of the job. It's not fair for you to do mine too".

Y/n smiled at the nice gesture of the daycare attendant. 

"Okay, okay, you won this time. I'll go check the whole place and return to say goodbye before leaving. See you later, Sun!"

"See you! You know where to find me!"

Y/n began their night shift, unaware of what was about to happen.