2

"RULE NUMBER ONE : FUCK THE CLAVE."

**

"Valentine's men are after Clarissa Fairchild?" Thea repeated, a frown on her face, "what the fuck?"

"Yep," Ethan nodded, confirming, "what do you think we should do? Should the SA intervene?"

"No," Thea pursed her lips in a thin line, "not until we find out the gravity of the situation. We need to find out why the biggest villain in the shadow world is after an eighteen year old defenseless mundane-ish girl."

"And how do you suggest we do that? The Clave won't tell us anything with that stick up in their ass."

"And I'm not willing to remove that stick. What's our rule number one, Ethan?" Thea questioned, raising her brows at her friend who smirked before replying, "Fuck the Clave."

"Not literally." Thea added, making a disgusted face, "I'll go posing as a Shadowhunter. Hack the computers and put my ID there as a Shadowhunter from the LA institute. You can do that, yeah?"

"Don't doubt my hacking skills,  sweetheart. You know I'm the best." Ethan fixed his collar, "now when are you leaving?"

"Right now."

"I'll start working on it right away." Ethan walked away leaving Thea alone. The eighteen year old had no idea what she was about to get herself into. All the knew is that she was ready to do anything to help.

"Oh and by the way your new name is Althea Diana Whitmore."

**

IN THE INSTITUTE

Thea walked inside the place, attracting several eyes on her. Ignoring them, she walked further in the institute and stopped when her eyes fell on an extremely hot raven haired boy who was wearing a black shirt and jacket with his sleeves rolled up, revealing his runes-filled arm. He also had a rune crawling down his neck.

Standing next to him was a girl who had black hair and also a lot of runes. The similarity between the two made Thea knew that they were siblings. Then there was a blonde dude standing with a redhead. They all had frown on their faces which made Thea figure out that there was something wrong.

"We need to find Simon." The redhead said as Thea made her presence known to the other shadowhunters, "who?"

The four Shadowhunters snapped their heads in Thea's direction. They were all confused and curious as to who she was.

"Who are you?" Alec was the first one to ask. Thea's eyes flickered from Clary to Alec, "Althea."

"Althea who?" Jace questioned, furrowing his brows and crossing his arms as he stared intently at her.

"We aren't playing knock-knock here." Thea retorted with a roll of her eyes, "it's just Althea or Thea for short. What about you?"

"Jace Wayland." Jace replied with a smirk expecting Thea to start flirting with him. However, his smirk faltered when Thea said, "never heard of you." Obviously, she was lying and it was evident to Alec and Isabelle who smirked.

"I'm Isabelle Lightwood and this is my brother, Alec."

"The Lightwoods." Thea grinned, "I've heard so much about you." She nodded in Alec's direction, "especially you."

Alec fought a smirk when he saw Jace roll his eyes. The older Lightwood managed to keep a straight face before asking, "and what are you doing here? I've never seen you around here before."

"I just came. I heard that Clarissa Fairchild is here and Valentine's after her. The LA institute sent me to provide you people with my help." Thea replied, lying smoothly.

Alec furrowed his brows, tilting his head to the side before saying in his deep voice, "is that so? Then why haven't the LA institute inform me of your arrival?"

"I don't know." Thea shrugged, "why don't you ask them that, hmm?"

"Wait right here." Alec said before walking to one of the computers. He tapped her name and groaned, "there's like fifty Althea's here. What's your complete name?"

"Althea Diana Whitmore."

"Okay," Alec muttered before tapping her last name. Her ID popped up with all the fake informations about her; such as; she's from the LA institute, one of the best Shadowhunters there which made Thea smirk internally and made a mental note to thank Ethan for that.

"She isn't lying." Alec stated, turning to face the others, "she's from the LA institute."

"Hello?" Clary asked making everyone look at her, "need I remind you guys that my best friend has been kidnapped by vampires? He is in danger and we need to save him!"

"Cool," Thea said, "I'll help."

"Thanks." Clary shot her a grateful smile before turning to look at all the screens around them, "Uh, look at all this stuff, these screens. I mean, can any of this help me find Simon? Where is he, anyway? Some kind of crypt in Transylvania?"

"Actually, no." Jace shook his head, "That was Camille's outfit, right? They're locals."

"Camille?" Clary repeated, confused at the name.

"The leader of the vampire clan in new york." Thea filled her in to which Clary's mouth formed an 'o' in realisation. "If she kidnapped whoever Simon is then they're at the Hotel Dumort, down in Gansevoort Street."

"And we came back here? Why? We have to go there. Let's go, now. Come on." Clary said to which Alec state, "We need a Clave resolution for that."

"The five of us can't declare war on the vamps all by ourselves."

"And we can't react without considering our options. Downworlders are slaves to their impulses." Alec replied grumpily, "We're not."

"Alec, you can't stomp on all the Downworlders." Isabelle said with a sigh at her brother.

"Oh, that's right. Seelies have their charms, apparently." Alec teased with a smirk making Jace mirror his expression, "Right?"

"Seelies?" Clary frowned at the unfamiliar term.

"Like faeries. The Fair Folk. Add pixies, nixies, elves... anybody half-angel, half-demon. It's pretty much a catch-all term." Thea explained.

Alec glanced at her before saying, "Izzy can tell you all about them. She's got a thing."

"What thing?" Thea questioned, furrowing her brows in confusion as well as curiosity.

"She's been sleeping with one of em." Alec replied with a smirk which made Isabelle roll her eyes, "at least one of us is getting it."

"Okay, I can't listen to this. Simon's been kidnapped by vampires. I guess I'll just take care of it myself." Clary said before starting to walk away.