xi. Friend

친구

친구

2 MONTHS LATER

"I TOLD YOU to go left, not right!" Mina yelled frustratedly as she dodged a dart of venom from the villain she was fighting, alongside her partner who was disobeying her requests; like usual. They were in Marina Justice Park, fighting around the fountain, the sun nearly setting on the chaotic city.

"We don't have time to bicker, sweetheart!" Jungkook shouted back as he got a hold of the villain's long snake-like tail that was created by Shadow. His legs were completely gone, his body half-human half-snake. The man turned his head back, hissing as his tongue flared about. "You're not going to shed your skin, right? 'Cause that's what snakes do."

"Firedrake!" Mina grunted as she flew to the villain, wrapping her body around his torso to flip him onto his back, sending Jungkook flying as he lost control of the flailing tail. As soon as he realized he was flying toward the fountain, he raised his hands to use his wind power to keep him from touching the water, the pressure of the wind making the water splash.

Mina tightened her legs around the villain's torso in an armlock, tightly hyperextending his arm away from his body, something she was taught by Master Chan in her weeks of training.

"Get the shadow!" Mina shouted out. Jungkook quickly flew to the villain, rolling on the floor beside him as he grasped the shadow, ripping it off swiftly. They watched it slip away on the ground and fade away awkwardly before Mina gently let go of the villain who was transforming back into his normal body once again.

She grunted as she stood up, wiping her suit off before helping the once-again human man off of the ground.

"Are you okay, sir?" she asked gently as Jungkook made his way beside her.

"I think I'll be fine," the man rubbed his eyes. "I feel weirdly dry. I think I'm going to go take a shower. Thank you for saving me."

"Have fun and stay safe, sir," Mina chuckled.

"Stay positive," Jungkook sent a thumbs up to the man before he walked away, the sound of the fountain filling the air.

Mina stepped towards the fountain, sitting on the cemented edge as she twisted her tired body to look at the water. She traced her fingertip along the surface of the water, seeing her distorted self in the reflection.

"So..." Jungkook's voice trailed off as he sat beside her, his face being added to the reflection. He dipped his hand inside the water, only to pull out a ball of water, made from his power. He playfully tossed it in his palm, feeling it jiggle but not break. "Want to go to the movies?" he grinned.

Mina only weakly chuckled, exhausted from the tiring fight. "We can't just hang out together, Firedrake. Also, I'm still a bit angry that you went right instead of left," she joked.