6

HOTEL DUMORT

Thea, Alec and Izzy were walking through a hallway when Isabelle decided to speak to Alec, "you're really not gonna talk to me, are you?"

"That's because you have no idea what you're talking about."

"But I do." Isabelle replied, "you're hiding from yourself, not me. You have feelings, whether you like them or not, Alec."

"This is not the time or the place, Izzy." Alec said in a serious tone making Isabelle shrug, "I don't know. Looks pretty smooth so far."

Thea was walking ahead of them and she could hear what they were saying since they weren't speaking quietly either. She spotted a ladder and began climbing it with Alec and Izzy behind her as they entered another room.

"This must be the way." Isabelle said as they stared at the closed door. She opened the door, revealing a group of vampires, hissing at them, ready to attack which made her close the door quickly. However, the vampires began pounding on the closed door which made Alec and Thea rush there to help Isabelle hold the door.

"Well, not that smooth." Isabelle muttered, "Any day now."

"Yeah, if you hold the door still, it might be a lot easier." Alec began drawing a rune on the door and sighed, "It's not taking it."

Thea grabbed one of her kindjals and cut off a pipe. She sticked it between the handle of the door.

Isabelle smirked at her action, "Whoever said, "The pen is mightier than the sword", was an idiot."

"When you're right, you're right." Alec muttered.

"Do you think they know where we are?" Isabelle asked to which Thea replied, "that's the idea, right? How long do you think we have to distract them for?"

"Ten more minutes."

"Ten minutes?" Alec repeated, "Are you kidding? We're liquid lunch in five."

"So let's distract them." Thea suggested making Alec look at her before nodding, "So let's distract them."

"You two better get ready." Isabelle said, her whip hissing as Alec positioned his arrow in the direction of the door while Thea grabbed her kindjals firmly in her hands.

Just then, the door busted open and the vampires broke in. Alec fired his arrow, killing some on the spot while Isabelle held one by his throat with her whip. She pulled him towards her and Thea killed him with her kindjals.

The vampires kept coming and the Lightwoods and the Silverstone finished them off one by one.

"This is fun." Alec said to which Thea hum in agreement.

"Keep coming, boys." Isabelle said as more vampires lunched at them. When they were done getting rid of all the vampires, the three Shadowhunters walked down the hallway. Alec opened the door and saw Jace and Clary fighting other vampires.

A vampire then threw Clary on the ground. Alec readied his arrow to shoot him but the vampire quickly held Clary in front of him, blocking Alec's aim.

"Shoot the wall." Thea whispered to Alec who muttered an "okay" before shooting the wall behind the vampire. A large hole was made and sunlight passed through, touching the vampire and burning him on the spot which made him release Clary in the process.

"I killed him." Clary said to which Jace replied, attempting to reassure her, "He was already dead."

"Plus, he wanted to kill you. Remember that." Isabelle added before looking at Jace, "she did great, right?"

"Yeah, you did." Jace nodded, "You should be proud."

"Thanks, but..." Clary sighed, "it's not about me. Let's go find Simon."

The shadowhunters ran in the direction where they thought Simon was. When they entered the room, they saw Simon being held by Raphael, a dagger to his throat.

"That's Simon?" Thea asked making everyone look at her. "Damn. I was expecting to see someone more...well more..." She glanced at Alec, "Alec-like. But he's cute."

Alec fought a smile but he couldn't stop his lips from twitching a little and that action didn't go unnoticed by Isabelle who also fought a smirk on her own face.

"Well if it isn't the Thea." Raphael mused with a smile tugging at his lips.

Thea shot him a look before saying, "Estoy encubierto ahora mismo. Sería genial si no arruinas esto, querido amigo." ["I'm undercover right now. It would be great if you don't screw this up, dear friend.]

Raphael smirked in response, "Como desees, querida." [As you wish, dear.]

Thea knew that the shadowhunters wouldn't understand spanish. She noticed the confused looks on their faces which made her want to laugh.

"Please, just let Simon go." Clary pleaded, remembering everyone of the situation they currently were in.

"Stop talking!" Raphael snapped, holding the dagger dangerously close to Simon's neck, "if you would all just follow me."