✾𝟳𝟲✾

They stayed silent for a while, not knowing what to say, but they had one thought that are the same: it's the best moment in their lives

They stayed silent for a while, not knowing what to say, but they had one thought that are the same: it's the best moment in their lives. Y/n suddenly had the surge of confidence coursing through her veins as she stood up and sat on his lap, facing him, Tanjiro let out a small squeak. 

"Can I?" she asked him as she placed her hand on his cheeks. Tanjiro blushed before he nodded. They both started getting closer, faces inches apart before they shut their eyes and then they brought their lips together, Tanjiro's arms sneaked on to Y/n's back as he pulled her closer, deepening the kiss. 

They pulled away after a while, and Y/n sighed happily, hugging him tightly as her legs were in either of his side. Tanjiro smiled as he hugged her tightly back. "Miss me?" he asked. Y/n nodded. "I love you," he whispered. "I love you too," she whispered back. 

Y/n then pushed herself against him, making him fall on his back on the bed and Y/n was on top of him, she laid her chin on his chest and looked up at the blushing Tanjiro. "Tanjiro-san, you're sleep deprived, aren't you?" Y/n asked once again. Tanjiro nodded silently. Y/n stood up and she pushed Tanjiro's legs on to the bed, making him turn in the bed, and then she climbed up on the bed, next to him and Tanjiro let out a breathless chuckle before he grabbed the blankets and pulled it up to their chins, and he opened his arms. Y/n happily slide inside of his arms and buried her face on his chest. 

Y/n wrapped her arms behind Tanjiro's back as she felt that Tanjiro's face sank on top of Y/n's head. The couple slowly drifted off to sleep as Y/n was back again on the hanging wooden plank. She was sitting next to the familiar figure, a woman with two butterfly hairpins pinning her pigtails to the side. 

"My, my," she mumbled. "Are you perhaps taking a break from missions?" Kanae rose a brow. "Shinobu-san suggested me to," Y/n said. "That's good, she's taking care of you well," Kanae pat Y/n's head. "I've visited and talked to her in her dreams too, I enjoy her company, I miss her a lot," Kanae whispered as her smile turned to a frown. "But she is a pillar, she's busy," Kanae said sadly. 

"Unfortunate fortune, isn't it?" Kanae asked. "Yeah," Y/n nodded. Kanae placed down her hand and she grabbed her sister's hand. "I'll never leave your side, don't forget that, okay?" Kanae smiled brightly. "I'll never leave Shinobu's and Kanao's sides too, so, make sure that they are safe too, for me, alright, Y/n?" Kanae asked Y/n. Y/n smiled. "I'll try," she nodded. "Great.." Kanae trailed off. 

"Take off your haori," she suddenly said. Y/n raised a brow questioningly. "What for?" she asked. "I want you to try on my haori," she said as Y/n took off her gradient white cape, Kanae also taking off her butterfly haori. She smiled as she placed the haori behind Y/n's back and then placed it on Y/n's shoulders before Y/n slipped on her arms into the sleeves. It looks great on her and the soft fabric made her feel warm. It also smelled like flowers, which she noticed that it smelled just like Kanae. 

 "My, my, you look perfect in that haori," Kanae smiled happily. "Perhaps you could wear it one day," she said. Y/n then noticed something about the haori. "Isn't this Shinobu-san's haori?" Y/n asked, realizing that it's the same. "Well, yes, she took it after I... passed," Kanae said, smiling sadly. Y/n's shoulders slumped. "I'm sorry," she said a she took off the haori. "No need to be sorry, you were asking," Kanae smiled. Y/n gave back the haori and Kanae grabbed it. "I wish to make this haori for you too as a gift, but I can't," Kanae smiled painfully. Y/n sighed sadly. "Kanae-san," Y/n said as she wore her cape and held Kanae's arms. 

"You don't need to, because being with you is already the best gift you could ever give me," she smiled gratefully as Kanae was surprised with the answer before a small smile formed. They both sat down on the wooden plank as Kanae placed for of her legs on the wooden plank, she opened her arms as Y/n raised a brow. "Come, hug," Kanae smiled as Y/n smiled before she crawled into her arms and then she collapsed, as the wooden plank shook by the impact, Kanae and Y/n burst into a small laugh before Y/n wrapped her arms around Kanae, Kanae wrapping her arms around Y/n too. 

"I love you, Onee-san," Y/n whispered as she looked up at Kanae. "I love you too, Y/n-san," Kanae grinned happily as the both of them fell asleep in each other's embrace. Everything went black as Y/n woke up, Tanjiro hugging her tightly as the sunlight bursted into the room, dividing as the blinds divided them. 

Y/n sighed gently as she smiled up at Tanjiro. Y/n figured that she would leave Tanjiro alone, and let him sleep a bit more later. Y/n slipped under from his grip and she sat up before she stood on the bed and walked, before jumping on to the floor silently. She then made her way to the door, and she opened it, trying to be silent, but it creaked a bit. Tanjiro stirred in his sleep before Y/n shut the door and she creeped into her room. Y/n then did her morning routine as she was dressed in her demon slayer uniform, grabbing her folded haori and threw it around her neck, tying the ties and she wore her white boots before she head out of her room, and slid the door before making her way towards the kitchen. 

Aoi was seen preparing medicine. "Morning Aoi-sama!" Y/n exclaimed. "Oh, Y/n!" Aoi exclaimed. "I'm preparing medicine for the blonde guy," Aoi said as her expression fell into an annoyed one. "He couldn't stop whining and screaming," Aoi said, Y/n grimaced at the statement. "Yeah, he is like that," Y/n agreed. "You can give me the tray of medicines, I'll see what I can do," Y/n smiled. "No, Y/n-sama, I will be doing this job, after all, you're probably going to be busy tonight, so try to conserve as much energy as possible," Aoi smiled at her. "Alright, thank you for the concern, Aoi-sama, have a good time on trying to help him," Y/n smiled at her. Aoi grimaced. 

"Thank you, now, go and eat breakfast. Kanao-sama haven't eaten anything since morning, she was waiting for you," Aoi said. "Oh my," Y/n gasped. 

"Thank you for the information, Aoi-sama," Y/n grinned as she grabbed the plate of food and then she head towards the dining room. She spotted Kanao staring at her food. Kanao sensed that someone entered the room and she looked up to see Y/n. "Kanao-san," Y/n called out as she sat down next to her. "You don't have to wait for me next time," she sweatdropped.  Kanao smiled up at her. "I was waiting for you, because..."

"Spending time with you is the only best thing I could ever ask for," she did an eye closed smile at her.