53

Cleo Horan

Harry and I were both lying down on the bed and staring at the ceiling for the past hour.

We didn't say anything and we didn't look at each other, we just stayed there in silence... and I allowed myself to think a little because my cramps had given me a break and I wasn't bleeding as much anymore ever since my shower earlier.

Well, Zayn left, but not before he and Harry had a private conversation that I wished I was a fly on the wall to listen. But I gave them privacy and came to the bedroom after I thanked Zayn once again for his help.

I knew I'd be fucked without him and he didn't have to do anything, but he helped either way and he stayed the afternoon with me. He was good company and he had a lot of fucking patience to handle me, I knew how much of a bitch I could be on my period.

Maybe he had some experience because of Amber, it seemed like it.

Harry on the other hand... I couldn't blame him, he never dated before and I never had my period before. It was the worst timing ever because I was already stressed before this, so it all just added up and I felt like I was going to explode.

This was very difficult for me, this annoying pain made me irrational and I just wanted to scream and punch everything. I always had anger issues, but my brain seemed like it could only process one emotion at a time and they kept changing.

My back hurt, my boobs hurt, my vagina hurt.

It was fucking tiring and the fact there was onion on my pizza didn't help. I just wanted a nice meal and some wine, which turned out to be a fucking mess because Harry and I argued again and Zayn was in the middle of it.

I apologized to Zayn because he certainly didn't sign up for this, but he told me it was okay. He was too nice sometimes but I had a feeling all these years being Harry's best friend kinda prepared him because he said I was acting like teenage Harry.

My little crying time on the toilet helped me calm down a little before my shower, and it seemed like the anger had finally dissipated. I knew I needed to cool off and relax, being so tense only made the cramps worse and that's why I was doing my best to breathe deeply and slowly.

I was thinking about my fight with Harry and I said some things I wasn't supposed to. Fuck, I felt like I was possessed by a demon and it seemed accurate because if there was a hell, I was sure it would feel like my cramps.

Harry was in a bad mood too, and both of us were angry, which combined was just a catastrophe.

But I couldn't stop thinking about the things I said and it made my stomach clench with regret. And I didn't want to start crying again, so I turned on my side on the bed to catch his attention. I was wearing one of his t-shirts that looked more like a dress on me, and Harry had only his briefs on. He's showered as well and his hair was a damp mess of curls, I loved that it was getting longer.

God, he was so pretty.

"Can we talk?" I asked him when he didn't look at me.

This time he let out a deep breath and he finally turned on his side as well, scooting closer until we were sharing a pillow and looking deep into my eyes.

The shade of green was darker because of the dim lighting, I noticed he turned the lamp on tonight and I wasn't sure if it was because he was scared of being back here or if he was afraid he'd have a nightmare.

Or if he was afraid in general.

"You mean actually talk?" He whispered back, but the attitude didn't go unnoticed.