A New War

~~Evelyn Dayne~~

I groan in pain as Jon and Daenerys help me into the rowboat to take us to shore. The rest of the fleet carrying the Dornish and Dothraki also board rowboat to row to shore.

"Careful, love."

"I am being care-"

I stub my foot on one of the boards, sending a sharp pain up my entire leg.

"Fuck!"

Jon chuckles as he takes my hand, helping me over without hurting myself even further.

"Not funny, Jon."

"I thought it was."

I nudge his shoulder as Daenerys climbs on with Greyworm and a few others tk help us along.

Jon's words of the White Walkers still sits in the back of my mind. The stories Old Nan told us all those years ago could be true. I'm not exactly sure at the moment where I stand on the matter. No one has seen the Walkers in thousands of years since the Age of Heros.

But I trust Jon.

~~~~~

"A new war you say?"

"Yes, Your Grace. They're the same ones I told you about."

We sit around the carved table of Westeros inside the castle. Those damn stairs leading to the castle were a nightmare to get up.

"I like you, Jon Snow. But I'm not sure if I believe you."

Daenerys states, narrowing her eyes at Jon across the table. I take her hand in mine gently, making her look at me.

"Please, just hear him out."

Daenerys huffs a cute huff, nodding.

"I have allowed you to mine the Dragonglass here on Dragonstone. You say that it's the only thing that can kill these things?"

Jon nods.

"Yes, Your Grace. That, and I've found that Valyrian Steel can kill them as well, along with fire."

"So you are trying to convince me that the dead are up and walking and are preparing to march on the Seven Kingdoms?"

Daenerys raises a brow, looking thoroughly unconvinced as Jon sighs.

"I know it's hard to believe, Daenerys... But I have lost plenty of friends to the Walkers. I know they're real. And make no mistake on this, Daenerys. The dead are coming."

Dany doesn't narrow her eyes as much, but only seems half convinced. I squeeze her hand, making her look back at me.

"My love, this is my brother. The damn bastard is as stubborn as his father and just as honorable."

I smile at Jon, making him smile back in appreciation.

"Jon has never told a lie in his life. He couldn't tell a lie to save his life."