57

Zayn Malik

"I'm sorry." Cleo suddenly spoke up and it scared the shit out of me, I was already used to the silence around us for the past hour or so.

I looked up at her and now that she had taken her wig off, her blonde hair was falling in waves down her shoulders, her blue eyes seemed a shade lighter and they were bloodshot because of the tears.

We didn't even bother to clean the blood off our faces, we were too busy for that. And I was currently stitching the gash on her thigh where the bullet hit her and went through her flesh, which left her with an ugly wound.

Cleo bled a lot and walking around didn't help, but we were the only conscious ones around to take care of shit.

We were back at the penthouse, getting away from Ash's house was a must because we had no idea if there'd be any more men coming, and there was nothing left for us to do there because we fucking failed.

I knew it was useless to blame ourselves because Ash always had this rivalry with Rowley, it wasn't exactly our fault. But one way or another, we intensified the hatred between them and we did make everything more complicated.

And now Ash was dead.

This fucking sucked, I hated the guilt that was suffocating me to the point I felt fucking sick. I was so fucking done.

Cleo was clearly in a bad place right now, Harry was upstairs in the bedroom, finally sleeping after he disassociated all the way from Ash's house to his penthouse. He wasn't talking or showing any emotion ever since he said 'Gemma', and both Cleo and I were so fucking confused. First, because he said that while looking at Holly, who was currently asleep in the guest bedroom down the hall. She was having an episode like Harry, completely out of it and very much in shock.

But whereas Harry was quiet and just... frozen, Holly was shaking and crying, occasionally whistling the same song over and over again and not saying anything else.

I wondered if she saw Ash get shot and then hid in the bathroom? Or was she hiding in there and heard everything? I mean, she didn't know the truth about Ash's real line of work, maybe she panicked.

It was too much for my brain to process after such a rollercoaster of a night. I knew Gemma was the name of Harry's sister, but it made no sense for him to say that.

Holly was Holly, we'd seen her before and Harry would've recognized her, there was no way she could be Gemma... she would've recognized him, no?

I was starting to overthink this already.

I had no fucking idea what was going on, Cleo was also trying to understand but we didn't reach any conclusions. Both of them were unconscious and they couldn't answer our questions, so it'd have to wait for the next day.

I didn't plan on sleeping tonight because I was too anxious about Rowley.

Cleo didn't seem like she would rest either, she was too worried about Harry, too shaken up because of Liam, and too hurt because of Ash.

What a fucking chaotic way to end the day, this was so fucking unfair and upsetting. I was already in a bad mood because of the way Harry reacted in the car, even though it was expected.

We already had so much going on for him to act so irrationally, I was a bit offended. I knew Cleo was upset as well, but she was handling her own shit which was much more important than silly jealousy. She told me about Liam and what he said to her back in the club, and I couldn't blame her for stabbing him and going after him with a knife.

We all had our limits and she had already surpassed hers a long time ago... I wondered how much pain she and Harry could take, it hurt me only by watching and I didn't even want to imagine how it was like for them.