59

Cleo Horan

"I'm sorry, what the fuck?" I was staring at Harry while he was getting dressed, sitting on the edge of the bed while Zayn was leaning his back against the wall.

After he simply rushed out of the living room so he could go check on Holly, he made his way to the bedroom upstairs without saying a word.

Zayn and I followed, obviously.

But we never expected him to say the words that came out of his mouth.

"Holly is Gemma," Harry repeated himself, grabbing a black t-shirt after he put on some grey sweatpants. "As in my sister Gemma."

He said it so fucking casually that I was sure I misheard it. He could repeat it a thousand times and I would still think I heard it wrong. It made no fucking sense.

"Harry, how?" Zayn spoke up, crossing his arms over his chest and furrowing his eyebrows. I knew they were about to have a fight right when I arrived in the living room, and Harry's possessiveness was getting on my
L fucking nerves. I knew he was jealous, I was also a very jealous person...but he was being paranoid. I wondered if something else was going on and maybe his jealousy was an outlet for his frustration.

Either way, it wasn't fair to Zayn. He had way too much patience, I was about to reach for my knife under the pillow and cut one of Harry's fingers off.

But no... I wasn't that person anymore and this time I actually wanted to talk things through, my brain was too worn out already and I was tired. I
wanted to understand why he was feeling this way and I wanted to assure him that I was his just as much as he was mine.

We were all in a bad place and going through our own shit, it wasn't the time or place to prioritize a kiss over everything else that was going on.

"Look, I remembered what happened at Ash's house. And the whistling... it triggered something inside me when I saw Holly. It all clicked." Harry explained like it was the easiest thing in the world. "She's my sister. Can't you see how much this makes sense?"

I actually couldn't.

"What are the odds, Harry? Are you sure? What if the whistling made you think-"

"I know my sister. My memories aren't hazy like they were before, it's clear. I knew Holly was familiar when I saw her, I just couldn't figure out why." Harry explained, running his fingers through his hair before he put on his initials rings.

Fuck, I stared for a bit too long and I had to mentally slap myself. I couldn't wait till my period was over so my hormones couldn't affect my brain so much, at least the cramps were mild this morning.

I didn't sleep very well, but being close to Harry was just what I needed and he wasn't mad at me when he was sleeping, so I just enjoyed that peacefulness while it lasted. But not having him in bed with me was enough to wake me up, along with the sound of the whiskey bottle he broke.

And now here we were... the tension was palpable in the air because of what happened with Zayn, they both had bruised faces and they looked very fucking pissed off, but we had to talk about things that mattered much more, such as the fact Harry claimed his sister was asleep in our guest bedroom downstairs.

He left Holly sleeping and I was sure she wouldn't be up so soon, she was in shock when we found her and if she disassociated like Harry then it was unpredictable.

"What do you remember?" I asked him, shifting on my seat when my leg started to feel numb, and the wound on my thigh was hurting more than last night.

"Everything. But now I can see her face as if it was yesterday. It was a bit blurry before because we were often in the dark and my head was a mess..."