♛ 38

Dasom took a deep breath as she walked into the 7th district along with Jeno on her side. She was anticipating for the game, yet she couldn't deny the fact that she's quite anxious about it.

"Don't worry," Jeno assured. "You got this."

The two went on their separate ways. It looked exactly the same as Mark had described to them. A guard dressed in all white guided them to their respective rooms.

Shortly, Jeno then arrived at his room. The door closed behind him, leaving him alone. There was a table in the middle of the room. It wasn't just an ordinary table, it was a tablet.

It showed a map and all sorts of other things which he assumed will be the mission. A notification soon appeared, informing him about the mission.

Dasom on the other hand, she was lead to one of the dead ends. The guard didn't bring her to a room, he just told her to wait there.

'Your mission is to find the location of the bomb and to disarm it. You will be shown a map of the entire district, your role here is the navigator. Your other teammate, will be the one to find the bomb and disarm it. The clue will be found in the first destination that will be written on the map. Beware of other team players. You will be connected with your teammate shortly.'

"Jeno? Can you hear me?" She spoke through the earpiece.

"Dasom?"

"Yes, it's me. You've seen the instructions, right? You need to guide me to find the bomb."

Jeno looked on the map, trying to examine it. It's an electronic map so he could easily see everything precisely. Dasom's location, location of other players, and even the items that were located on the rooms. Everything except for the bomb, of course.

Mark wasn't lying when he said he had predicted that the 7th district was built in the shape of a maze. Because it fact, it was. It was even harder to locate because it was filled with rooms and white doors that looked exactly the same.

"Yes, first you need to walk straight, then you'll find a three-way junction, then go left. Go to the third room on the left."

"Got it."

Jeno monitored her movements, looking at the other players as well. She then managed to enter the first destination, extracting the clue.

"It says here the next clue is located in the land of the double-headed eagle. What's that supposed to mean?"

Jeno frowned, examining the map. He then realized that the name of corridors were named after countries. "The land of the double-headed eagle, that's Russia. Alright so, it's quite far from where you are. You need to go left, then go straight until you find a dead end, it should take you around 5 minutes. Then turn right, it's the first room on your right."

"Roger that, captain."

She then followed his instructions again. The mission was going rather smoothly, she didn't encounter any players so far. Possibly because Jeno gave her the safe route which avoids her having to meet the other players.

"Jeno, it says here this is the last clue. Was once divided into two, separated by a wall. East and west, filed with great thinkers and wonderful poetry."

Jeno took a moment to understand the clue. He wasn't as quick as Mark in solving riddles nor as quick witted as Donghyuck. But he was excellent in history and geography. "Germany, it's Germany,"

He then looked for the location and there was only one way towards it. She had to go through a lot of other players. "Dasom, listen carefully. It's near, but you'll meet the other players along the way. It seems like they're all heading towards the same room,"

"It's alright, just lead me the way." She said, closing the door behind her.

"Turn left, then head straight until a you find a two-way junction. Then turn left again. It's the second room on your left,"

Dasom instantly turned left, heading straight to find the two-way junction.

"Dasom, they're all near you."

Dasom directly went on guard, her hand reaching towards her gun that was strapped on her thigh holsters. She then saw the three players before her, tilting her head slightly to the side. 

"How many minutes do we have left?" 

"Eight minutes."

"Alright, spare me five," she spoke. "Oi!"

She called, catching their attention. She then ran towards the first one, dropping her body to the ground to slide and tackle him by his leg. 

When the man fell, she took the opportunity to open the door next to her, so the girl who was heading towards her crashed on the door instead. "Oops sorry,"

The other man grabbed her by her hair, throwing her body against the floor. The other player then shoot her shoulder, but instead of groaning in pain, she let out a chuckle. She stood up, eyes lit in red- bloodthirsty.

Her shoulder was bleeding, yet she didn't care. She couldn't feel the pain yet. 

She grabbed him by his shoulder, tackling his body to the ground while simultaneously kicking the other player behind him. She got back up, her hands reaching towards her holsters to grab her gun, turning her body around to kick the man right on his balls, taking the other one behind her with a single shot.

There was only one player left which was the one who shot her. He was lying on the ground, grunting in agony. He was petrified, looking at the girl that was ruthless and ferocious in her combat. 

Blood was splattered everywhere. She managed to kill the rest of the players. "Oh look, you're the one who shot me,"

She gave him one last devilish smile, pointing the gun to his head.

"You should've gone for the head, fucker." That was all she said before shooting him on his head, taking out the last player.

While panting, she then entered the room, spotting the bomb in the middle of the room. She then pressed on the demobilize button, managing to complete the mission. 

"Mission complete, congratulations."

She just stood still in the middle of the room for a few minutes. She began to feel the pain on her shoulder as it continuous to bleed. But she didn't care, she was extremely satisfied that she just won the game.

"Congratulations, Dasom." A voice said from behind while applauding.

She had expected it to be Jeno, well she wished it was him. So she turned around, anticipating to see him. But the reality was so far away from her expectations.

 But the reality was so far away from her expectations

uh oh whats this who could it be ohoho