74

Cleo Horan

I was having a hard time falling asleep and Harry clearly couldn't relate because he was snoring softly right next to me. Actually, he was pretty much on top of me, with his head on my chest as he nuzzled up against my boobs.

This seemed to be his new favorite sleeping position, I'd noticed. I wasn't complaining, I loved feeling him close to me and he looked very cute like this: a mess of untamed curls, flushed cheeks, and slightly parted lips.

He was so beautiful that I would never get tired of just staring at him, and he looked so sweet and innocent like this... which was ironic.

However, I was very fucking surprised when I saw him interacting with the child today. He was all confident and playful, making fun of Zayn and mostly of me, but I couldn't bring myself to like children.

It wasn't because she cried when I tried to hold her, although I had a feeling she could feel how much I didn't want to.

I just hoped Amber wasn't offended, it wasn't her child's problem, it was mine. The only child I dared to take care of was my brother, but we kinda grew up together so I never actually had to interact with any children after I became an adult.

Yeah, maybe she was cute? I wasn't sure if that was the word, but she could be worse. Zayn seemed very proud of her and that's what mattered to me, even though it creeped me out when I stopped to think about the fact he was a father.

His relationship with Amber seemed healthy enough too... very healthy, actually.

One of the reasons why I couldn't sleep was the sex noises coming from upstairs, and their room was right on top of ours. I had no idea how Harry didn't wake up, they were quite loud and from what I heard, Zayn made her come a lot of times.

Maybe he was trying to make up for the time she didn't come? I had no idea how their relationship worked, but Zayn had mentioned they were just friends trying the whole co-parenting thing.

Very good friends, it seemed.

The noises lasted for nearly an hour and now I could understand how Zayn felt whenever Harry and I fucked when he was around. Of course I was going to tease him about it, I wasn't sure if he did this as some kind of payback or because he got carried away and forgot about us.

The second option seemed more likely because Zayn was more considerate than we were.

The guest bedroom was quite small and so was the bed, thank god I was small too, or else Harry and I would be very uncomfortable. But Amber and Zayn were being nice when they offered us the room so we could rest and spend the night, and Amber was right when she said the drive to Brooklyn would be tiring and long.

I was tired, as fun as the road trip was. Plus, I was still feeling a bit hungover because I barely got enough sleep last night and I was still a bit freaked out about Harry's pinky.

Yeah, I really cut it off... fuck, drunk Cleo was dangerous and I was very thankful I cut it off his left hand and that it didn't get infected. I stitched it up and bandaged it, all while Harry acted like nothing major had happened.

Well, there was no point in thinking about it now that it was done, but insomnia meant overthinking... so here I was.

Harry and I took quick showers after dinner and then we headed to the bedroom. He fell asleep very quickly wearing only his boxers because I had borrowed his shirt, we were too lazy to go grab our bags in the car.

Now I was surrounded by absolute silence, but my mind was very fucking loud.

I kept thinking about our dinner and how things would always feel awkward with Amber, as close as we used to be once. I hoped she was happy, but things would never be the same again. Fuck, I was restless.