-24-

-A year ago-Eunji's POV

-A year ago-
Eunji's POV

I happily skipped out of my washroom and sat in front of the dresser. It was the day of my date with my girlfriend. Her name was Minhae and she was very beautiful and also tall. We had been dating for almost a year and she had been nothing but very sweet to me and respected my privacy. She never forced me to show something that I want to keep myself. 

She knew it was my first time in a relationship because I spent my teenage only studying for a good future and its result showed as I got into a famous university. The reason why she always tried to make me happy on our dates.

But...

I stared at my bare face in the mirror. My scars from the acnes I had in my teenage, which never left. We visited a lot of doctors for medicine but nothing happened as they were from my hormonal problems.

I have been hiding this from Minhae and only showing her my face with foundation. I practised a lot to hide my scars and pimples with make-up. Now, it looks like I didn't even wear make-up. I was scared to reveal my real face.

When I was about to open the foundation bottle, my house's bell rang. It must be Yuri and Jane because my mom called them for some help. I stood up and went to the door. We had been friends since high school and they knew about my face because I never wore make-up in school.

But to my horror, I saw Minhae standing there when I opened the door. She was looking at her phone as she spoke, "Hey, baby. I got free from my piano class early so-" But stopped when she looked up and our eyes met.

My heart clenched while she stared at me in shock. "Minhae..." I whispered and gulped. She saw my face. I was scared. 

"Eunji, it's you?" I cursed in my mind when she called me by my full name. She calls me that whenever she is angry or else it's always those cliché nicknames, which I actually enjoy.

"Y-Yes..." I tried to smile.

"Don't tell me you have been hiding this from me." She squinted her eyes and crossed her arms. 

"Uh...about that." I licked my lips and held my hands together in front of me. 

"I want an answer." Her stern tone made my heart beat faster in fear. 

"Yes." I nodded, finally confessing about my real face.

"I didn't know you were this ugly." When she said that, I snapped my head up and looked at her with shocked eyes. "No wonder you always looked all ready even if you were at home. I knew you were wearing make-up and I thought you liked wearing it but-" She rubbed her eyes with her thumb and index fingers.

"Listen, Minhae. I'm sorry." I tried to hold her other hand but she slapped my hand away.

"Don't touch me, you ugly." My heart shattered at her words and she glared at me. "If I knew you were this ugly, I would've never dated you." Her every word hit directly on my heart. "I was already compromising with your fat body because I thought you at least have a pretty face. But you don't even have that."