Chapter 43-Max

Enzo's POV: 

Bay just barged into my office with Pebbles. 

Dad did you know they have whole parks just for dogs to play?

I love it when she calls me Dad. 

Yeah? 

Can we go? Please? 

I love that she's a lot more comfortable with me now. 

She used to never come into my office cause she knew everyone else knocked and she can't hear me respond. 

Of course kiddo wanna go now?

Yes! 

OK go grab a sweatshirt it's cold. 

OK do you think we'll see other dogs there too? 

Probably. 

Oh gosh I'm so excited. 

She ran out of my room with Pebbles following close behind. 

I called the boys into my office. 

"Ok so Bay thought I didn't like spending time with her, so I'm taking her to the dog park. I want you all to follow us in a car, but stay hidden. I need time to bond, but I need her to be safe. I'll also be talking to her about having Max join the team. Drew and Ezra can you stay behind and have a training session with Max." 

"He was the one responsible for the fucking pigs head. I don't understand why you're letting him near her." 

"He didn't know what it was and this is my choice, not yours." 

Ezra's POV: 

When Bay and Enzo left with the others Max came over. 

That stupid kid is gonna go through hell. 

He'll pay for what he did to Bay. 

"So you pretty much the most important thing to know is sign language. You may eventually get a sign name from Bay, but she will probably know you're responsible for the pigs head so be careful. Then you also need to know not only how to defend yourself, but how to do that while protecting another person." 

"She'll know?" 

"Why would we protect you? It's our job to protect her." 

"Ezra be nice." Drew said. 

"Why? He traumatized her. She clung to me that entire night crying. She was covered in the blood for hours because we were worried there was a threat to her safety." 

"It was our fault she didn't shower off. Not his. Maria made sure we knew that, but that's enough he paid his debt. You saw him." 

"But he didn't see her." 

"Enough Ezra." 

We started with Basic signs like introductions and things like help, our sign names, tea, art, and general things like that.

Then we moved onto training. 

My favorite part. 

"Ok we'll start off with a sparing session to see where to start with your training." Drew said.