➪FOUR

My shift ends around six, which is when I'm set to leave so I do

My shift ends around six, which is when I'm set to leave so I do. But I'm not able to get far before I place my eyes against a tall white male, brown eyes like mine, a grey suit on, and his nose exceptionally large for his face. He had his back pressed against the side of my car, his hands clasped in front of him. "Excuse me?" I mutter.

His face brightens with a small smile as he finally stands up all the way, clearing his throat. "Evening Miss Cousy. I am Hudson. I was sent by Mr. Rianchi to pick you up after your shift" he tells me and my eyebrows furrow from confusion.

We hadn't said anything about meeting directly after work.

"He said that we would meet at seven" I tell him and he nods as if he's forgotten to tell me a piece of information.

"As you know Mr. Rianchi has a very fixed schedule. He is set to have a meeting tomorrow morning in Bremerton, meaning he will leave later on tonight. He wanted to go ahead and meet with you before he departs".

I shake my head. I'm not even sure who this guy is or if he actually works for Mr. Rianchi. "I would like at least a hour to clean myself up. I can't see him like this. I will not see him like this" I take a few steps towards my car to open the door but he places a gentle hand against my arm, stopping me.

"Miss Cousy he has already made plans to meet with you tonight. His schedule is a bit packed tonight since he has to leave soon" his voice is calming but not convincing.

"I'm sorry but I will not see him this way".

He nods and takes his phone out, dialing a single number and pressing the device against his ear. "Mr. Rianchi. Yes she says that she wants to get herself ready...I understand" he ends the call and takes a small step back.

"Are you okay with me following you to your apartment? He wants to assure that you make it to his location safely. I'll be driving you this evening" he tells me.

"Whatever" I mumbled the words out, him pulling the door open for me like I'm some kind of wealthy woman. But I don't fight it or him. I get inside and he gently closes the door for me, which I start my car and pull out of the parking lot. Once I make it to my apartment I head upstairs and throw my bag and phone down before making a run for the shower.

This all throws me off because it was said that I'd have at least a full hour to get myself ready but since he's on a 'fixed schedule' I'll just have to make do with what I have. I quickly jump into the shower, knowing that I don't have much time so I don't waste any time daydreaming. I quickly lather my body with soap a few times and turn the water off before wrapping myself inside a towel.

I run into my closet, picking up a burgundy colored dress that I know will go great with the small heels I thought about wearing for today. I slip the dress onto my body and like magic I feel as if I'm ready. I don't change my earrings, I keep them the same, putting my hair into a ponytail before grabbing my clutch.