CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

AFTER DANCING IN A ROOM BY HIMSELF for three hours straight, no breaks (that's bad for your health- for future reference, do not do this), Devin stares at himself in the mirror. It's hot in this room, he's perspiring (sweating if we want to be technical), but this is what he needs. Sometimes, he has these moments where he tends to feel down and very self-conscious- he'll feel like anything he does isn't good enough. High insecurities.

He's been distancing himself from Justin and Juliette because of this. Speaking of which- someone knocks on the door and when Devin looks up to see whoever's there, the door opens, and in walks Justin, staring at his boyfriend with concern plastered all over his face.

"Baby," The elder male squats down in front of his lover and gently holds Devin's face in his hands. "Is it one of those days?"

Devin, tears heavily streaming down his face, nods and shudders. In moments like this, he doesn't talk because if he does, he'll just sob the entire time. All he wants to do right now is be with Justin, nothing else. He buries his face in the elder's chest.

"Come on, pretty boy. Let's get you into our room, into a warm bath, and then into bed." It's 10 o'clock at this very moment and Justin doesn't want him overdoing it like he usually does in situations like this.

I don't think I've mentioned this but Devin's stepmother, Larissa, has taken it upon herself to heavily criticize her him behind her husband's back. 'Dancing is getting you absolutely nowhere. When you graduate, you're quitting this ridiculous dream and interning at your father's office. I will not have a good-for-nothing stepson. Already find it embarrassing that you like men.'  What's insane is- Devin's parents, Sterling Harrison and Cristal Rose Black (they've been divorced for five years but they're still best friends and always will be and they'll always love each other), has given him their blessing to do and love whoever he wants. Why can't she do the same thing? Hell, she's even gone as far as to tell him that she's going to send him to conversion therapy which is completely fucked up. Cristal Rose will never allow that to happen.

Now you know why he's feeling miserable right about now. He tends to take her words personally and it usually takes Justin or Jules a minute to talk him out of that. How can one human being be so fucking cruel? Like are we serious right now?

Justin carries him bridal style back to their dorm room, away from prying eyes because believe it or not, bitches at Windsor Preparatory Academy be real nosy and ain't nobody got time for that shit. He gently sets his prince down on the bed and heads for the bathroom but doesn't get far because Devin grips his arm for dear life. At that moment, he realizes that Devin is so deep into that negative headspace that he thinks Justin is going to leave him. That is definitely not/nor will ever be the case.

"Baby boy, I'm not leaving you. I am just going into there to run you a warm bath." Devin still doesn't let him. It doesn't take Justin long to realize what his pretty boy wants- and that is to not be alone. "I'll be right there with you, baby. I'm not going anywhere. Come on. We'll take a shower instead." He locks the door and takes Devin into the bathroom.

He checks the temperature of the shower water and turns around to see Devin already undressed. Nothing is said between them as Justin tears his shirt and sweatpants off. They stand underneath the stream and the younger lets his hands rest on his boyfriend's shoulders as the other man washes his body off.

When Justin goes to wash between his nether region, he stops upon hearing a loud whimper. He looks up to see tears yet again streaming down his pretty boy's face. "I'm right here, baby boy. Not going anywhere. I am going to make you feel better." He helps him back into their room so he can get him into his pajamas and into bed.