18. Lucas

"Roselia!!!!" I held my sister back by the waist "NO! All of you stop this!! It is not that big a deal!!! Roselia!!! LIA!!! C'MON!!!"

"NO!" Roselia screeched in a high pitched enraged voice, trying to free herself "BUTLER, PREPARE ME A CARRIAGE TO THE COUNTDOM OF COUNT KANTEGRUEL!! I NEED A WORD WITH HIS ADOPTED DAUGHTER!!!"

"NO BUTLER, STAY EXACTLY WHERE YOU ARE!!" I shrieked after her as I still tried to hold her back by the wrist. "IGNORE ROSELIA!!! I'M THE ELDEST DAUGHTER YOU MUST CHOSE TO OBEY ME!!! Gee! Why is everybody making that big a deal out of this?! It's water not lava!"

Some maids poked their heads through the half opened door curiously:

"Help mehhhhh!!!" Roselia yelled to them "Take her off me!!!"

"LEAVE US!!" I screamed harder and they left. "We're doing perfectly fine!!"

It's been a week since that 'incident' happened, and only now did Roselia get word of this. I had asked Jane not to tell anyone since I didn't want to bother them with these kinds of news. Plus, the matter's already been very well taken care of by Claude and Anastacius. I guess one of those two must've been the ones to tell her.

"She threw you off a bridge!!" Roselia continued hissing like an angry cat "That disgraceful uneducated commoner-born trashy thing!! She's just the adopted daughter of a count and she threw a pureblood noble off a bridge!!!! I will take care of this Penny just you see!! I WILL SLAP HER SO HARD! I'll release the beasts of hell on her!! I'll show her what happens when-"

"NO. NO. NO!!!" I held her back and locked the door. "NO NEED!!! Claude and his highness already did!!"

"What did they just have a word with her and ask her to apologize?" She snorted.

"No...They did way too much already you don't need to rub salt in the wound." I sighed.

"Hmm? What did they do?"

"Anastacius banned her from his social circle. Claude...kinda...tattooed her...um face."

Roselia blinked confusedly at me for a while before she knelt down and started rolling on the floor like a 7 year old child-Wait, yeah she IS 7 year old.

"A tattoooooo!!!" She wheezed, hitting my carpet repeatedly, laughing like a commoner "On the face!!! PFFFT HHAHAHAHAHHAAHHA ah my gawdddddddeeeeee I can't imagine it oooooooooh that must be ho-rrrrrrrr-ible!!!! A tattoo on the face!!!!!! MEHEHEHHEHEHHE-"

Somebody banged my door very angrily and it burst open. Didn't I lock that?!

"Penny, Lia!!!" Roger stormed in, looking angry "Why are you even laughing about this!! This is serious business-"

"I'M NOT LAUGHING!!!!" I threw my hands in the air and then I pointed at Roselia "See? She's the one laughing! I'm not!! I don't find this funny at all!!"

"And you, Roger," Roselia pounced up and smoothed her dress "You're also overreacting!!! You should be angry at whatever her name is rather than Penelope!! She threw Penny in the water, not the other way around!!"

"That would've never happened if said-Penny followed my advice and stayed away from the goddamn crown prince!!!" Roger looked at me. 

Yeah yeah, I get it, everything is my fault...

"I. DID!!!" I shrieked back "He's the sticky one!!!"

"Then unstick him!!" 

God I'm tired of this family already. And it isn't even my real family. We are simply ridiculous.