Chapter 10: Revelations & Confessions

Nana's POV

Gojo sensei's icy-blue eyes immediately went wide open in shock upon hearing my question as he continued to stare silently at me while I scoffed in response and crossed my arms over my chest. I had never seen Gojo sensei going in a shocking state like this before. He literally went petrified and still like a stone statue on his seat.

"Sensei, I asked you something..." I stated in annoyance, furrowing my eyebrows at him, and in response, Gojo sensei's face went completely emotionless as he looked dead into my eyes.

"Where did you hear that name from, Nana?" he questioned me back with all seriousness.

Gojo sensei always called me 'Nana-chan', but this was the first time he called me just 'Nana' with no honorifics, meaning the topic I suddenly brought up was even more serious than I expected.

"Does it really matter from where I heard that name, sensei?" I scoffed, literally scowling at him at this point. "Toji Zenin, the Sorcerer Killer... You killed him to avenge my Mom's death, right? I remember people from the Osaki estate used to talk about this subject all the time..."

"It wasn't just for Akiko sensei, Nana. I had even more reasons to kill Toji Zenin back then..." he sighed, momentarily closing his eyes as he leaned back on his chair while I walked over and took a seat in front of him on another chair.

"Then please tell me everything, sensei..." I stated in a pleading tone and sensei gave me a soft look, furrowing his eyebrows a bit. "She is my Mom and I've every right to know the truth. The truth behind my Mom's death... What happened back then? Why did Toji Zenin kill her? Did he have any personal vendetta against my Mom or something?"

"No, that wasn't the case, Nana..." Sensei sighed again while slowly shaking his head before he glanced back at me with a serious yet pleading look in his eyes. "But, promise me that you'll keep it a secret for now."

The way sensei was looking at me in my eyes with such desperation told me that something happened years ago that shouldn't have happened. The matter seemed serious and I needed to know the truth. I had to figure out about this infamous Sorcerer Killer. In response, I let out a heavy sigh and nodded my head at him.

"I promise..." I responded back, giving him my words. "I won't tell a single soul about this..."

Sensei sighed again heavily and crossed his arms over his chest before he began to speak up once again in a deep, serious tone.

"It all started after a mission where Shoko, Suguru, and I saved Utahime and Mei-san from the domain of a cursed spirit. As soon as we completed that mission, Principal Yaga who was my 2nd-year homeroom teacher back then assigned me and Suguru on another mission together that came straight from Master Tengen-sama. There was a girl who was a perfect match for Tengen-sama, who was known as the Star Plasma Vessel. Yaga sensei told us that we must escort the girl to Tengen-sama and erase her."

"For what?" I asked, raising an eyebrow in confusion.

"To reset Tengen-sama's cursed technique. You see Nana-chan, Tengen-sama is immortal but their cursed technique does not stop the aging process. Once a certain age is reached, evolution will occur and Tengen-sama will no longer be the same person. Tengen-sama strengthens all barriers used by both Jujutsu High schools as well as all of the auxiliary manager's techniques. Once every 500 years, Tengen-sama must merge with a compatible Star Plasma Vessel and rewrite their body's information. Once the body is refreshed, the immortal cursed technique will stop trying to change bodies and evolution will not occur."

"Well, that's messed up in so many different ways... You had to kill an innocent person for this weird old Tengen-sama." I grumbled under my breath in disbelief with furrowed eyebrows while Gojo sensei simply smiled softly at me in response.