29| Date Night

[M/N] had been to mini-golf when he was 19, on one of his many dates with Parker. He had to pay for most of it though and in the end, they kissed. Parker's breath smelled like garlic and wet pasta. When he had the time, he took Auggie out to the mini-golf course before it had shut down. Apparently, a Kid took a dive off Mermaid's Island, killed him once his body hit the ground. [M/N] hadn't checked on the place since then, until Hugo pulled into the area.

That accident was years ago, and the place had a new look. Instead of dried-up paint, cracking walls, and some hobo sleeping outside, it was replaced with neon lights and a much newer hobo was sleeping outside. 

PIRATE PLUNDER

"It's been years since I have seen this place, last time some kid decided to swan dive over." [M/N] said as he walked inside the mini-golf area, it seemed to update again, "I heard it was a bet to see if the Mermaid Mountain water was real." That what was he heard.

"Yeah, so they had to change it up a bit, actually get some newer fire alarms, and even fixed fences to prevent things like that," Hugo said as he pays for the admission, and followed the others that we're picking out different color golf balls and their putter. Hugo grabbed a yellow one with a matching neon yellow ball as [M/N] grabbed neon [F/C] ball and a black putter since some snotty kid grabbed the matching color putter before him.

"You look cute when you pout." Hugo teased, seeing the look on [M/N]'s face when another kid took the matching putter to his neon ball. "Where to first?" He asked, walking to the large map on the wall. He could hear faint sounds of an arcade added, the fresh smell of pizza, and other sounds of an air gun of some kind being used. 

"What about Mermaid Island? It doesn't look crowded." [M/N] said, pointing it out as the line looked slim and easy. "Chances of me seeing a ghost would be totally low, besides, it was outside anyway."

"Yeah, makes sense." They entered the line and watched the teenagers around play, the holes looked easy especially the one with the ship, though the last one looked like a pain in the ass. 

"So why here?" [M/N] asked, he was kept in the dark for the date. He was surprised about it, he thought Hugo would've taken him out to eat or maybe a movie. Nothing like this, but he wasn't complaining. 

"It opened a few weeks and I wanted to go, but never had enough friends to come with," Hugo explained and chuckles a bit as he rubbed his nap nervously. "Sorry, I...I don't mean to sound like a total loser but...when you said yeah to the date then I couldn't help but think of here." [M/N] smiles, moving a foot into the line like others, he held the putter close to him.

"No, it's fine! It's been..a long while since I enjoyed something like this." [M/N] said as Hugo smiles, and [M/N]'s heart soars a bit as he noticed a tiny gap between his teeth and smiles, looking at the moving lights and moving mermaid that looked a bit too much of Ariel from The Little Mermaid, but with purple hair and a red shell bra.

"Really? I could assume you were tired of all this...kiddy stuff." Hugo gestures to the kid's group around one hole and a few parents taking their own turns with their kids. 

"Auggie doesn't actually like this type of stuff, he likes video games, coloring in between the lines, and sometimes a Disney movie once or twice at the theater...but stuff like this isn't his sort. He gets frustrated easily and gets bored." [M/N] explained as they finally entered, the first hole was directly into a whale and poop the ball out at the end. 

"I didn't actually come to things like this, honestly! My parents thought this would somehow turn me gay," Hugo said, shrugging as [M/N] turns to look at him. "But it didn't, I was just born gay, to begin with."