𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

❝ 𝐀 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐮𝐜𝐜𝐞𝐞𝐝

❝ 𝐀 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐮𝐜𝐜𝐞𝐞𝐝  ❝

███████████████████████████

"Now you see, that's your future. Unless you choose a different course."

When the Volturi retreats with no source of protest, trusting Aro's word that there is no danger, Eleanor held her fair share of traumatic experiences in life and that day was one of the worst she ever had. It made her mind crumble, warping into a very small atom that made her vulnerable for anyone to prey upon. Especially when she had seen Atlas with a determined look, ready to fight if it ever comes to it.

He didn't look like the boy she loved. He was better and as much as Eleanor provided comfort to herself of that fact, he was ready to go against her for his. . . family. A family who helped him be better, a family who changed him into a better person. Atlas Chase was ready and determined to kill his own sister if it ever comes to that day but he did not. Eleanor Chase wouldn't kill her own little brother. No more further discussions.

Leaving was difficult. Eleanor held many questions, all of it be answered by either Atlas or Carlisle but she had no choice but to have turned her back by Athenodora's quiet plead of her not to stay and be killed. Truth be told, she wouldn't have left if Athenodora gave a sharp look to Demetri who had to practically pull her to speed away, tearing her away from the brother who wronged her.

Seeing her leave was difficult as well.

In Volterra, witnesses left and many were angry by the waste of time they indulged and Caius holds pleasure of channelling his anger at the culprits who dare to question the Volturi's judgement. No one dared to even ask Aro what he had seen in Alice's vision anymore, fearing the worst already.

Body thuds on the ground like nothing, blood smearing on perfectly cleaned floors but not anymore as of the moment as tourists laid dead beneath vampires feet. Eleanor stares on the ground as she cleans her hand, blood stained on the corner of her lips as she didn't partake in the conversation happening in front of her.

"It was a waste of time."

"Of course, it was." Jane says, let the blood stay on her beautiful skin like always. Everyone but Eleanor didn't bother cleaning up right away. She was always neat, could not be seen with dirt in her clothes and cloak, always so proper that it made everyone used to her pleasant posture. But unlike before, her clothes clean but her face drained of colors.

"Atlas have some nerve showing up." Alec comments darkly, itching to kill someone other than humans to relish his satisfaction.