Chapter 7

Fleur stood in front of the mirror in her home and looks at herself

Fleur stood in front of the mirror in her home and looks at herself. She had marks all over her body.
"Need help?" Asks Rosary and Fleur springs to look at her and pulls a towel to cover herself.
"No, that's ok," says Fleur awkwardly.

Rosary walks into the bathroom and stands behind her. She looks at Fleur through the mirror and says "you should lock the bathroom door if you don't want to be seen checking your naked self"
"I was not checking myself out. I was checking ... I was checking myself but not like anything perverted. I was looking at all the marks" says Fleur.
"They look beautiful," says Rosary.

Fleur creases her eyebrows on her statement and doesn't comment on it.
"I was just... Today I felt something. Something that I.. I..." Says Fleur.
"Something you liked," says Rosary.
"Idk," says Fleur.
"It's ok. It does feel good. Especially when the pain inside your heart is replaced with physical pain" says Rosary and Fleur turn to look at her confused.

"You are still mourning your fiance's death. I know it's hurting you from the inside. Today, you forgot that pain when you focused on the physical pain and pleasure" says Rosary.
"I don't want to like it," says Fleur.
"You don't have control over it. Somethings are inevitable" says Rosary and leans over Fleur close to her and picks a lotion from behind her.
Fleur had wide eyes seeing her so close but relaxed when she picks a lotion.
"I'll apply," says Rosary and starts applying the lotion on Fleur though Fleur insisted it's ok.

After an awkward encounter with Rosary, Fleur heads to bed. Her thoughts were consumed by the man she spent tonight.

Fleur wore jeans and a turtle neck today though it was predicted to be a very hot day. She had no choice as the marks on her body especially on her neck were screaming to be noticed. She kisses her kids on their forehead and leaves the mansion. She was yet to shift her things to the mansion, she would this weekend.

Fleur enters Vittorino's room and sees he was just waking up. She was about to turn to leave when Vittorino says "I won't be going to the office today. You can take a leave"
"You don't look so good," says Fleur and walks close to him, and checks his head for fever.
"You are warm. Lay down, I'll be right back" says Fleur and walks out of the room. She informs the head maid and the head maid calls the doctor.
Fleur returns to the room and sees Vittorino walking out of the bathroom.
"I told you to lay down on the bed," says Fleur.
"I needed to use the bathroom. You want me to do my business on the bed?" Asks Vittorino in anger.
"Oh sorry," says Fleu,r and Vittorino sits on the edge of the bed.
"Now lay down," says Fleur.
"Fuck off," says Vittorino.
"I will later. Now, come on. Sleep for a minute will you" says Fleur and holds his shoulder to lay him on the bed.
Vittorino was angry and wanted to scream at her but then he felt her place a soft cold wet cloth on his head which made him relax.

"I am no doctor, but your headaches are because your head is always hot. You know, hot head" laughs Fleur.
"Tape your mouth, girl," says Vittorino with closed eyes feeling tired but relaxed for a minute.
The doctor came in and gave him an injection.
"I suggested avoiding exercise or sexual activities," says the doctor.
"I didn't work out," says Vittorino.
"Then? Oh..." Says Fleur when the realization hit her.
"You need to avoid both for a few days. You can continue the pills I gave yesterday and rest for today" says the doctor and leaves.

"You can leave too," says Vittorino.
"I don't mind staying," says Fleur.
"LEAVE" screams Vittorino and Fleur takes a step back and walks out of the room. She stands out of the room and whispers to herself "ungrateful dick"
She decides to finish her packing for the rest of the day after she drops the kids at their school.
"I need to shift the kids to the school near the mansion," says Fleur to Anna while driving the kids to the school.
"Mummy, what's a mansion?" Asks Ella.
"It's a huge house like a castle," says Anna.
"We will live in a castle?" Asks Ethan.
"No, we will live behind the mansion. It's not our castle. I will only work there" says Fleur.
"Will daddy be there?" Asks Ella.
"Ella, I told you. Daddy is in heaven. He can't come down from heaven" says Ethan.
"I miss him," says Ella with pouty lips.

Fleur was controlling her tears for later and drops the kids to school. She kisses Ella bye and she runs off after she spots her friends.
"Don't worry mummy. I'll talk to her and tell her to not be sad" says Ethan.
"Thank you. You don't be sad too. Daddy is watching us from heaven" says Fleur.
"I know. Bye" says Ethan and runs off too.

"You have to be strong," says Anna, and Fleur hugs her.
"Why did he have to leave us" cries Fleur and Anna takes her away to the car. They drive home and for now, Fleur had cooled down. She enters her home to see a few men boxing her things and taking them away.
"I am being robbed," says Fleur.

"Relax," says Anna coming in behind her and says, "I asked for a favor from a friend"
"Is that what I am, a friend?" Asks a bodybuilder with strong arms circling Anna's waist.
"Yes, you are. We are friends with benefits" says Anna.
"I like that," says the man and pulls her for a kiss.

"Anna" calls Fleur breaking their kiss, not wanting to see their make-out session.
"Oh yeah. Fleur this is Jonathan, my friend. He and his other friends will shift all your things to your new place." says Anna and giggles as he kisses her neck.
"What do I have to pay?" Asks Fleur.
"It's on me. He owes me a favor" says Anna.
"You promised one more tonight," says Jonathan.
"Yes, but only after you shift all the things," says Anna.
"Can I get a little quicky?" Whispers Jonathan.
"Maybe after this place is empty and my voice echoes while you pound me," says Anna.
"Boys, let's get this done fast," says Jonathan and start to lift things in godspeed.

"I thought you were with Rosary," says Fleur.
"We have an open relationship. She is lesbian and I am bi. So we have an understanding and it's just a favor. It's no biggy, relax" says Anna and smiles at Jonathan.
"Let me pay him. You don't have to have sex for me. I am fucking enough for all of us" says Fleur pulling on her turtle neck.
"Go change. It's hot as hell outside" says Anna.
"I can't. I have scratches all over my body" says Fleur.
"You have a full-time job now, you don't have to go to him," says Anna.
"It's easy money. I'll do it till he wants me and is paying. I can make enough money to give my kids a stable future. I can't bring back their father but I can at least give them a comfortable life" says Fleur.

Fleur and Anna were still talking when a man dressed in a black suit approaches them.
"Good afternoon madam. I am looking for Ms.Fleur Hope. I represent my client who shall stay anonymous. He wishes to pay compensation for your loss" says the man in a suit.
Jonathan too stands near Anna to see what the matter was about.
"What loss?" Asks Jonathan.
"Loss of your fiance," says the man and hands Fleur a check.
"Holy shit. 50,000$. That's a big amount" says Anna.
"But why is someone paying me money as compensation?" Asks Fleur.
"Was it because of his mistake her fiance died?" Asks Jonathan.
"I have no information about it, sir. I am sent to only give the check and forward my condolences for your loss" says the man.

Fleur looks at the check and says "the cops said it was Josh's friend who was drunk and ran the light and crashed to the other car leaving everyone in the crash dead. Now, why is someone paying me for the accident? Did someone live from the accident? Was he or she responsible for the accident that killed my Josh?"
"I am sorry mam. I can't disclose any information about it" says the man.
"I don't want your pitty money. I want answers. I want to know what happened. I want to know the reason my kids don't have a father and I buried my fiance on our wedding day. I want to know who is responsible for breaking my family even before we had a chance to live it" says Fleur shedding tears but this time it was with rage.

Vote, follow and comment.